Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:14 am
Just Joined

annabella0909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default about IELTS remark

hey guys really need your advices on this
i have taken ielts for about 7 times...and all i need is to pass my writing now
i just got my result form last time
L7 R6 W6.5 S7.5
i really need 7 in my writing would you suggested me go for remark?
I didnt feel i did that great-but last time i thought i did really well but only got 6
any advices?
it is not cheap to remark tho so...yeah
plz help!
thanx
Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: about IELTS remark

Perhaps you should consider taking a course in preparing for IELTS if you English is reasonable you should have no trouble passing. Perhaps you need help with timing etc
Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

annabella0909 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have done that exam like million times not kidding and i had 2 tutors...the first one say i really good enuf for 7 and the other one didnt make any common.lol. so yeah i had professional help but i really wish that exams coule give me feedback sometime i thoug i did well i got a low mark and sometime i thought i did horrible but got a better mark.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

It looks like you need to work on your punctuation (judging from your previous posts) if you are going to get the required band 7. You will also need to ensure that the written piece has a structure that flows.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trish M
It looks like you need to work on your punctuation (judging from your previous posts) if you are going to get the required band 7. You will also need to ensure that the written piece has a structure that flows.
I think you need to spend more time improving your spelling & grammar as well. I believe you should be looking at improving these for your own benefit & not just to pass a test.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annabella0909
L7 R6 W6.5 S7.5
thanx
I guess your points should be enough for INZ.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Lizgats is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I was regularly browsing this site along with a few other sites and found useful information, which I am truly grateful for. I did an IELTS exam on 21 April 2012. My results were: L 7, R 8.5, W 6.5 and S 8.0 My overall band score was 7.5. I needed a minimum of 7 in each band and had missed out by just half a mark in the writing section. I emailed my Case Officer, and she was kind enough to allow me to apply for a remark, and I sent her a receipt of the remark as evidence, and to allow for extra time for the remark. I sent my test report form for a remark on 21 May.

Anyway, my older brother advised me to book for another test as well, just to be on the safe side. I retook the test on 12 July and got my results last week. My scores were: L 7.5, R 7.0 W 7.5 and S 7.5 and my overall was 7.5 :-) . Did I mention I am still waiting for the remark result??????? My advice to you all who are in a similar situation is that if you feel confident about your scores, send them for a remark, but remember there is no guarantee that your score will change, so you're better off studying a little bit harder, and redoing the test again...you get the results faster than a remark. I know it's expensive to do both, but on the up side, should your band score change after the remark, you get a full refund so stay positive and all will be well.

Liz
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:33 am
Just Joined

L7 R6 W6.5 S7.5
I didnt feel i did that great-but last time i thought i did really well but only got 6
any advices?
plz help!
thanx
Hi Annabella,

What did you decide to do about your IELTS? Remark or another test?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 6:12 am
RIP Jackson - 10/07/12

azakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really niceazakeen1980 is just really nice

Seems strange that almost everyone i have spoken to including myself always get 6.5 in one subject on the first attempt!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Do you still have to do IELTS when you're English and English is your first language?
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have now passed my IELTS I am English born and bred but needed it for my nursing registration, I too got a 6.5 in my reading on first attempt but on second attempt received between 7 and 9 in all areas so all good. good luck to all thoughs who are trying to take this test.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

alexn is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your situation. However, don't fret. There are AMAZING IELTS training sites. Don't do the test UNLESS you TRAIN with the site and get some consistently high scores.

There's a really good site which I can't remember, but the training will be pretty solid. I will try and see if I can find it. Check this Aussie IELTS training site out for the moment: http://www.ieltsonline.com.au.

A proper training site can also assess your writing and give you the kind of topics that you need to write on, including samples. You English laguage adeptness has to be good naturally, and this helps. If this is not the case, spend some training time with IELTS. Online will be cheap and good. I think 30bucks UK or so. Just check.

And well done with the other scores. I am sure that you can do well in writing if you can get a 7 in listening. Reading can be tricky. Get the training for all the tips on tackling the questions. IELTS TESTS you and also has an asinine scheme at times. If you learn these tips, you'll do well for sure.

Don't panic with the test. Have a plan when you do your writing. If you practice writing on about 5-7 topics for each writing question and have that marked, there is a very positive path for you given you already are at 6.5. Same for reading. Do about 5-6 of these tests without preparation and re-do them with the tips in mind. Treat each question as a trap, and that way you are cautious not to get it wrong. Just maintain the pace as well. Practice is the key.

A month's practice should be solid for someone dedicated. Just some tips and suggestions.

L7 R6 W6.5 S7.5
any advices?
plz help!
thanx
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Hi all. For those who have ever applied for an IELTS remark, how long did it take you to get your results back? I applied for a remark on 21 May, 2012 and I am still waiting for my results. Every time I call the British Council here in Kenya, they tell me they will call me once the remark result is out. It was as well I booked for another test in July, and I passed (needed a minimum of 7), but still, it would be good to find out if my remark was successful and if I will be getting a refund back or not!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:49 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelG12
Do you still have to do IELTS when you're English and English is your first language?
Not normally - unless you are a nurse, nurses have to do IELTS irrespective of being a native English speaker.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Finally! I got a call (after calling up British Council again! And after they sounded shocked that I applied for the remark in May) and was informed my remark result is out. Will find out tomorrow how I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.