8 weeks to go and Oh S**T!! HELP!

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice
Default 8 weeks to go and Oh S**T!! HELP!

Hi all, im heading out end of december on a working holiday visa lookin to change to SMC. I am a nurse and have a job offer, ive only just now looked into work permit and have seen that i need a medical and xray for this? is this true?? I thought i could escape this by getting a 1 yea workin hol visa!! until i change when we get there to save from paying for it twice! Anyone any experience of work permits please help, start work on 24/1/11 so if i do need medical ect then need to get goin NOW!!
My heads hurts....
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: 8 weeks to go and Oh S**T!! HELP!

Originally Posted by Shazmoo View Post
Hi all, im heading out end of december on a working holiday visa lookin to change to SMC. I am a nurse and have a job offer, ive only just now looked into work permit and have seen that i need a medical and xray for this? is this true?? I thought i could escape this by getting a 1 yea workin hol visa!! until i change when we get there to save from paying for it twice! Anyone any experience of work permits please help, start work on 24/1/11 so if i do need medical ect then need to get goin NOW!!
My heads hurts....
hi if you are working on a one year tempory one year visa, you just need a medical if you intend working longer then you also need chest xrays
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shazmoo View Post
My heads hurts....
I didn't need a medical for my working holiday visa only a letter to say fit to travel, work etc but whilst in NZ I remember we looked into the work permit and we had to have medicals to get this. Surely you wouldn't have to do all this for 12 months and then you could do whilst there? If medicals only last for 6 months would you not be better getting it done alongside the visa that requires it ie work permit? Unless whv conditions have changed!! Maybe speak to someone at immigration - from the horses mouth and all that!!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here on a work visa/permit and had to get a full medical and chest x-ray for my visa application.
As far as I can remember if your coming for less than 6 months theres no need for any health documents. If its 6-12 months you need a chest x-ray and if its 12 months or over you'll need the full medical/chest x-ray combo.
You'll need to include a copy of your work contract with your visa application and if its a permanent contract or for more than one year you'll need the full medical done as immigration will take the length of your contract as a guide to how long your planning on staying.

But to put your mind at rest a bit, although your not in the same area of the UK I was, I called up about my medical and had it and my x-ray done within the week with the results back to me no more than a week later so shouldn't hold up your plans.

Last edited by lisamct; Nov 3rd 2010 at 8:10 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

bunnyphobia is on a distinguished road

My partner is here for a year's work contract as a doctor - as whilst he had to get MRSA swabs sorted, he didn't have to have a chest x-ray done or a medical.

Which doesn't really help, as it looks like the whole process is as clear as mud. I'd check out the immigration website and contact your employer. They should be able to tell you what's what.

Good luck
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hiya,

My son is here on a year WHV and he never needed a medical.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

Take a look at this - it should help clarify for you.