6months working in NZ 6 months in UK

Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:42 am
Just Joined

s harvey will become famous soon enough
Default 6months working in NZ 6 months in UK

Hi my name is Steve my wife and I are going to work and live 6 months here and 6 months in the UK, we are residents in both countries, can anyone give us any tips on the above please?
Not sure about tax implications and best way to get cheap flights etc.
We would appreciate any feedback please.

Cheers Steve
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:56 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: 6months working in NZ 6 months in UK

If you already have your Indefinite Returning Resident Visa (IRRV) then you have no worries on the returning part. If you stay 184 days per year here in New Zealand you can count that as a year towards eventually getting your citizenship. If you are still on your original returning visa it would be a good idea to be here in New Zealand when you apply for your IRRV. I'm not saying you can't get your IRRV overseas, but it would likely be less hassle doing it here.

As far as taxes go, give IRD a call. You should have their number on the back of your IRD card. I haven't a clue about UK taxes.

For cheap flights you would just need to keep your eyes open and pounce on any good offers. Shoulder seasons like April - May and September - August may be the better more affordable time to fly. Airfares can fluctuate day to day it seems and what may be on offer today may be the best you can do and then you wait a week, and damn - a fare that's fifty percent cheaper. It's hard to predict.