British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   3 months of waiting...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/3-months-waiting-605238/)

Jo-Chris Apr 24th 2009 7:59 am

3 months of waiting......

Hi,

We submitted our ITA 3 months ago and have heard nothing is it worth chasing them or is this normal without a job offer you just end up at the bottom of someones in tray at immigration?!:D
Starting to get really frustrated now with the whole thing just want to know whats happening - going crazy!:blink:

strawbie Apr 24th 2009 9:20 pm

Re: 3 months of waiting......

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris (Post 7509746)
Hi,

We submitted our ITA 3 months ago and have heard nothing is it worth chasing them or is this normal without a job offer you just end up at the bottom of someones in tray at immigration?!:D
Starting to get really frustrated now with the whole thing just want to know whats happening - going crazy!:blink:

Hi it was 2 months before we heard, we submitted august 08 and assigned a co october 08. i guess it is probably busier at this time of year as people may tend to apply in the new year and also with the current climate more folk wanting to escape!! be patient you'll soon be caught up in the whirl wind!! good luck

sjake Apr 24th 2009 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris (Post 7509746)
Hi,

Hi,

Keep in there - you're not alone!!

This is the current info from NZIS website: -
[F]Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 3 April 2009 we are allocating applications submitted up to and including 29 December 2008.[/FONT]

so it shouldn't be long before a CO is assigned. Best of luck.

Persephone Apr 25th 2009 6:13 am

Hi
Yes you may have a wait as sjake says above:thumbdown:. It varies depending on how busy NZIS are at the time.
For instance it took me 5 and a half months to receive an ITA after selection [I did complain;)] but then only 3 weeks for me to be granted PR in principle after they recieved my ITA:huh: No job offer

You're still within the timescale they quote on the NZIS website so they may well just direct you to that if you contact them:curse:
Stay positive,the whole process is very frustrating and annoying at times but you'll get there in the end. I don't think you can speed NZIS up at all;)
Sue:D

Jo-Chris Apr 25th 2009 10:43 am

Thank you for all your messages:thumbsup: going to concentrate on all the other things that need to be done like getting our flat decorated so we can rent it out! or just drink more wine to get us through the frustration of waiting!!!!

Thanks again

Jo-Chris

Jo-Chris Apr 28th 2009 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris (Post 7513085)
Thank you for all your messages:thumbsup: going to concentrate on all the other things that need to be done like getting our flat decorated so we can rent it out! or just drink more wine to get us through the frustration of waiting!!!!

Thanks again

Jo-Chris

Good News - We think we have a visa officer! The reason we only think we have a visa officer is that we put a query onto the website regarding a change on my passport and what we should do as we dont have a visa officer yet. We had a response last night saying we have a visa officer and to send in a certified copy of my passport! When and how do we get contact from our visa officer phone, email, letter...?
Things may be moving now!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Persephone Apr 28th 2009 10:55 am

Good news:thumbsup:
It's always heartening to hear anything from NZIS as it means things are moving along and it stops you wondering whether they haven't just forgotten you!
The first contact I had was when I got an email asking me to arrange a time for interview. I only took 3w to go from ITA received to PR so it's not a typical timescale. I didnt expect to hear that soon, All my plans were based on getting an answer 7m later:rofl:

Jo-Chris Apr 30th 2009 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 7522152)
Good news:thumbsup:
It's always heartening to hear anything from NZIS as it means things are moving along and it stops you wondering whether they haven't just forgotten you!
The first contact I had was when I got an email asking me to arrange a time for interview. I only took 3w to go from ITA received to PR so it's not a typical timescale. I didnt expect to hear that soon, All my plans were based on getting an answer 7m later:rofl:

We now have a case officer and our telephone interview is arranged for next Thursday! How exciting !!!!