British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   2021 Resident Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/2021-resident-visa-940927/)

MrsFychan Oct 2nd 2021 4:03 am

2021 Resident Visa

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...residence-visa

jarv5116 Oct 2nd 2021 5:32 am

Re: 2021 Resident Visa

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 13057792)

How can they do this?
i know loads of my friends are on WTR visas and applied for there residency visa over 18 months ago and still not had it granted yet. they have all done there 24 month on a WTR visa and still waiting in a que since last March to be processed.
now there brining in a new Visa system that has another 12 month processing time and going to cost more money.

LittleGreyCat Oct 2nd 2021 5:22 pm

Parent Visa
This says:
"This visa will reopen in February 2020. You cannot submit expressions of interest until it opens."
This suggests to me that parts of the Immigration web site are desperately out of date.
Unless they are processing EOIs and haven't bothered to tell us!

BEVS Oct 2nd 2021 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat (Post 13057940)
Parent Visa
This says:
"This visa will reopen in February 2020. You cannot submit expressions of interest until it opens."
This suggests to me that parts of the Immigration web site are desperately out of date.
Unless they are processing EOIs and haven't bothered to tell us!

You are one that I always hope will arrive.

I looked up the Immy website and I read this.

The Parent Resident Visa reopened on 24 February 2020.
All processing is suspended right now though as far as I can tell from the website. The new format is slick but does make it harder to track down the stats I feel.

The website does say the suspension will be reviewed in 2021 but does not state exactly when. As policy adjustments are reviewed 2 x a year. June / Oct ish , maybe it will be the latter part of this year which would make sense and be in line with how things seem to be panning out here in NZ - covid explosion notwithstanding of course.

LittleGreyCat Oct 3rd 2021 8:53 pm

As far as I remember we updated our application to take account of the new rules.
I suspect that we will be near the front of the queue when it reopens (if it reopens) but we have no idea how many will be taken from the queue each year.

BEVS Oct 4th 2021 12:19 am

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat (Post 13058234)
As far as I remember we updated our application to take account of the new rules.
I suspect that we will be near the front of the queue when it reopens (if it reopens) but we have no idea how many will be taken from the queue each year.

I will see if I can find that as the number is part of policy.

MrsFychan Oct 14th 2021 9:16 pm

from the information I have found on the Immigration website & on news reports it seems that when it closed the number was 1000 a year. Obviously no idea if that number will increase/decrease when the open it up again.

BEVS Oct 15th 2021 5:04 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 13061878)
from the information I have found on the Immigration website & on news reports it seems that when it closed the number was 1000 a year. Obviously no idea if that number will increase/decrease when the open it up again.

Yes. I believe it is 1000 annually.

edit to add - From what I can see there were 5900 cases in the queue when it was suspended.

skybluestu Nov 7th 2021 8:16 pm

We applied back in early 2020 when they changed to the new Visa Rules, they took our money for the EOI then shut it down. Hopefully it will open soon as the mother in law is getting older and very lonely especially through COVID in the UK with no family and only seeing her next door neighbour.

LittleGreyCat Nov 8th 2021 8:21 am

Unless they are feeling remarkably generous it may take a few years yet.
We have been in the queue since 2016.

Tond3 Dec 11th 2022 2:24 pm

My 2021 visa was approved earlier this month. Application submitted in July 2022. Now, its the planning for moving over from UK.I will send passport to London for scan. I am excited and nervous at the same time.