Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

2 Months to go only validity, Should I apply or Not?

2 Months to go only validity, Should I apply or Not?

Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 Months to go only validity, Should I apply or Not?

Hi Folks,

My IELTS is gonna be expired in 2 months from now and I am yet to send my Educational papers to NZQA for their assessment. as I have heard that the assessment takes around a month or more, I wouldnt have much time to apply after that with a valid IELTS score.

So I am thinking if I could prepare and send my EOI now with my IELTS score to NZIS and see what happens?

What do you guys suggest?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

arsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nice
Default Re: 2 Months to go only validity, Should I apply or Not?

Originally Posted by jnathan
Hi Folks,

My IELTS is gonna be expired in 2 months from now and I am yet to send my Educational papers to NZQA for their assessment. as I have heard that the assessment takes around a month or more, I wouldnt have much time to apply after that with a valid IELTS score.

So I am thinking if I could prepare and send my EOI now with my IELTS score to NZIS and see what happens?

What do you guys suggest?
They will ask you to re-take your IELTS. You should have atleast 6 months validity for your IELTS score to be counted for after you submit your documents of ITA.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks arsalan,

But what is the source of your statement?
any link?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

arsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nice

Thanks arsalan,

But what is the source of your statement?
any link?
My friend has the same issue & he has been asked to retake IELTS.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Logically they cannot ask for IELTS once again if an applicant applies to them when the IELTS score was valid. at least if there are sufficient time given to them by the applicant to insert his EOI into the pool for 2-3 draws.

I haven't found anywhere that IELTS score should have atleast 6 months validity to be counted after they've asked for ITA. as your friend has been asked to retake the test, I think its an unofficial procedure. I have to further dig deep into this matter.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Logically they cannot ask for IELTS once again if an applicant applies to them when the IELTS score was valid. at least if there are sufficient time given to them by the applicant to insert his EOI into the pool for 2-3 draws.

I haven't found anywhere that IELTS score should have atleast 6 months validity to be counted after they've asked for ITA. as your friend has been asked to retake the test, I think its an unofficial procedure. I have to further dig deep into this matter.
Yes that was not official but I think somewhat logical. When they will check ur documents they may ask U for that.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

I dont think its logical. The first and foremost things upon getting the documents from the applicants should be to check the documents those has a time frame of validity e.g IELTS. I still don't believe they'd ask me for a redo of IELTS.

btw, How much points does your friend have? his Bachelors and Masters are exempted or they needed to be assessed by the NZQA?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

I dont think its logical. The first and foremost things upon getting the documents from the applicants should be to check the documents those has a time frame of validity e.g IELTS. I still don't believe they'd ask me for a redo of IELTS.

btw, How much points does your friend have? his Bachelors and Masters are exempted or they needed to be assessed by the NZQA?
He had done Bachelors in Computer Science & has got level 7 in IQA by NZQA.
My comments were in light of his experience. Surely not a sure shot thing.
It infact depends on case officer. Maybe he was not satisfied by his results. He got Overall 6.5 (L7, W7, S7, R5).
How much U got? Maybe your qualification is in English so U maybe exempted from IELTS.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:28 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

jnathan, this is from the operations manual:
Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of
English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the
application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS),
showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or
Academic Module.
Your IELTS certificate has to be less than two years old when you send back your documents with an Invitation to Apply. So if you have only 2m left until expiry then you have only 2m to submit your EOI, be selected, receive an ITA and return it to NZIS OR you will have to get another IELTS cert. All depends on how likely you are to be selected
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks arsalan and Persephone.

This is the conclusion. It wouldnt matter if I sent my IELTS to them when the score might be only valid by a day. If I meet their criteria of sending a valid IELTS result at the 23rd hour of 365X2= 730th Day that will surely do.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks arsalan and Persephone.

This is the conclusion. It wouldnt matter if I sent my IELTS to them when the score might be only valid by a day. If I meet their criteria of sending a valid IELTS result at the 23rd hour of 365X2= 730th Day that will surely do.
Hmmm...lets see...
Keep us updated.