British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   18A conditions for PR with Job Offer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/18a-conditions-pr-job-offer-475124/)

johnnz Aug 18th 2007 11:42 pm

18A conditions for PR with Job Offer

Just a quick one for you.
Does everyone who secures PR with a job offer have the 18A conditions on there visa or does it vary.
18A conditions mean you have to stay with employer for 3 months.
Just wondered if everyone who secured PR points with a job offer actually had to do this?

Boopy Aug 18th 2007 11:59 pm

Re: 18A conditions for PR with Job Offer

Originally Posted by johnnz (Post 5207116)
Does everyone who secures PR with a job offer have the 18A conditions on there visa or does it vary.
Just wondered if everyone who secured PR points with a job offer actually had to do this?

As a nurse in a shortage area, I did. I actually wanted to change jobs before the 3 months, immigration said I could as it was to go to another nursing post. I ended up just staying 3 months, by the time I put in my notice etc., 3 months was up. Also going to another job your 3 months starts again.

P2L Aug 19th 2007 8:54 am

Originally Posted by johnnz (Post 5207116)

My DH is a Construction Site Manager. We have 18a conditions on our visa, which I am actually going to have removed this week as we have been here for 4 months now.

johnnz Aug 19th 2007 11:50 am

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

BEVS Aug 20th 2007 12:14 am

We also had the three month condition .

NZBee Aug 20th 2007 8:20 am

I also have a 3 month condition....according to my agent this is nearly always applied to your PR visa if you apply for it with a job offer.

karonious Aug 20th 2007 8:52 am

Originally Posted by NZBee (Post 5210691)
I also have a 3 month condition....according to my agent this is nearly always applied to your PR visa if you apply for it with a job offer.

We forgot all about it until about 7 months later, never mind 3 months! :eek:
But it wasn't a problem, they sorted it out for us no hassle :thumbup:

johnnz Aug 20th 2007 8:59 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 5210767)
We forgot all about it until about 7 months later, never mind 3 months! :eek:
But it wasn't a problem, they sorted it out for us no hassle :thumbup:

Thanks all for the info.Better make sure I get a good job offer then lol