1 yr work visa?

Old Aug 18th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice
Default 1 yr work visa?

I took a day trip to London on Thursday to hand in the PR visa application for my family. As expected the girl behind the counter who checked everything was there stated that I may not have enough evidence of partnership (seems bills with both our names on to the same address are the only thing they want - did supply 12 years of family photos, our holiday bookings for the past several years, next of kin form from work and letters from several people verifying our partnership). She informed me that they wouldn't expect my 10yr old daughter and myself to move over, with me going into fulltime shift work, without my partner/daughters Dad; he would probably be granted a 1 year work visa so that after a year in NZ he would fullfill the requirement for PR on my visa. Has anyone else experienced this? If he has a 1 yr work visa will he need medical insurance? I thought for a work visa he needed a job offer but there was no mention of this (the girl was a little brusque as she had a que of people waiting; wasn't very talkative at all).

She also informed me that I would be refered to an MA (guessed as much) and that it would take at least 2 weeks to input my data before I'd even get a CO I had hoped for my 'originals' back; I'd photocopied everything however she said my CO might want to see the originals so I should leave them there and they will post them back when finished (my whole life - bit nerve wracking leaving such precious documents); once again I got the impression that this was because she had a que of people and didn't want to go through my stuff with her stamper - must have caught her on a bad day!

So, now the waiting begins...
Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Location: London temporarily, Auckland...bah, who knows, maybe never
Bev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really nice
Default Re: 1 yr work visa?

Oh dear, this sounds very like what we've just experienced today. I just started my own thread on nearly the same stuff. We have no bills whatsoever from our last posting as it was an expat job where the employer owned the accommodation and they paid the utilities so we had no rent or utilities in our name. We've provided tons of evidence of "genuine marriage" and it seems they want to be ridiculous. I have medical records and birth certs for my children which show us all living at that address but I can't provide bills that I never had! I can't see that their insistence on joint bills for every address actually conforms with their requirements.

We've been told at least 4 weeks to get a case officer and get logged on the system.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought, do you get child tax credits??? We do and although you each get a bill, the address on each should be the same. We supplied both of these with our application, plus I think a rates bill and that was it. Just put in a photo and our marriage certificate.

With regard to originals, you wont get these back until your case has been decided, they keep the photocopies and send the originals back.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 11:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by thepinkone
She informed me that they wouldn't expect my 10yr old daughter and myself to move over, with me going into fulltime shift work, without my partner/daughters Dad;

he would probably be granted a 1 year work visa so that after a year in NZ he would fullfill the requirement for PR on my visa. Has anyone else experienced this?

If he has a 1 yr work visa will he need medical insurance? I thought for a work visa he needed a job offer but there was no mention of this
You are the main applicant? If so , NZIS are proposing to give your partner a temp work visa on the back of your application. It gives you the year to submit the partnership paperwork they feel they need.

It's a bit silly in my opinion. Sounds like she needs more training.

Have you bills in individual names but to the same address?

No. He wouldn't need medical insurance.

Originally Posted by Bev MK
We have no bills whatsoever from our last posting as it was an expat job where the employer owned the accommodation and they paid the utilities so we had no rent or utilities in our name.
Can you have the previous employer write to state the above? It may help.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Thanks for the replies - I have supplied some correspondance with different names, same address, but as he runs one property and me the other (with hindsight I would have obviously given up my financial independence and let him run both houses, but thats how we've done things for several years as I didn't like everything being in his name at the begining of our partnership; and with the investment in the second property it just seemed ideal to split the expenses that way) its probably not enough.

If they are willing to let him over with proof coming later, thats great; was just worried about any extra expence (visa fee's, med insurance - thanks for clearing up that last one for me BEVS).

Bit worried about the back-log Bev MK mentioned. They did put my ITA as lodged the day I handed it in, and said 2 weeks for a CO (not the 4 that Bev MK was told), but I guess as its out of my hands I'll just have to wait - gives me time to start sorting my stuff (far too much junk in my house - we'll need 20% of the container for OH's bikes alone)
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice

i experienced similar things when my CO contact me that my son's birth cert, me and my hubby's bank statements are not enough to prove we are "together". They need something like joint account statement and bills that share the same address!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Bev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really nice

Thanks for the replies - I have supplied some correspondance with different names, same address, but as he runs one property and me the other (with hindsight I would have obviously given up my financial independence and let him run both houses, but thats how we've done things for several years as I didn't like everything being in his name at the begining of our partnership; and with the investment in the second property it just seemed ideal to split the expenses that way) its probably not enough.

If they are willing to let him over with proof coming later, thats great; was just worried about any extra expence (visa fee's, med insurance - thanks for clearing up that last one for me BEVS).

Bit worried about the back-log Bev MK mentioned. They did put my ITA as lodged the day I handed it in, and said 2 weeks for a CO (not the 4 that Bev MK was told), but I guess as its out of my hands I'll just have to wait - gives me time to start sorting my stuff (far too much junk in my house - we'll need 20% of the container for OH's bikes alone)

We did take ours in a couple of days after you, I guess the estimates shifted in that couple of days! Never mind, you're ahead of us in the queue!

I think there must be plenty of people who don't have bills or bank accounts in joint names. When I moved in with hubby he'd lived in his place for some years, all the bills were already in his name and I saw no point in adding me to them, and his mortgage only had a couple of years until it was paid off so there was no need to add me to that either.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bit of an update - got an email from someone new at NZ house (my CO is leaving; going back to NZ; now have a new CO), our meds (both OH and mine) were refered yesterday; and could I please provide more info re our relationship (no smilie for huge sigh, or would have inserted it here). Option has been given for OH to be considered for a 1 yr work visa to fullfill the living together thing in NZ, however I'm unsure whether this will be a seperate application (with additional costs) or will go with the current application (I can but hope but think I'll have to pay more). As I have given all the info I can I've asked for OH to have the 1 yr visa.

At least this means things are happening
Old Sep 7th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Bit of an update - got an email from someone new at NZ house (my CO is leaving; going back to NZ; now have a new CO), our meds (both OH and mine) were refered yesterday; and could I please provide more info re our relationship (no smilie for huge sigh, or would have inserted it here). Option has been given for OH to be considered for a 1 yr work visa to fullfill the living together thing in NZ, however I'm unsure whether this will be a seperate application (with additional costs) or will go with the current application (I can but hope but think I'll have to pay more). As I have given all the info I can I've asked for OH to have the 1 yr visa.

Oh well, at least it's moving. I hope they might get to us soon then as we lodged a day or two after you.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 9:05 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

fingers crossed for you both - bev & pinkone
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:02 pm
`

Not sure how he, himself, could apply for a work visa without a job as it is a job offer first and then a work visa.

Double check with NZIS. It could be that they are suggesting that if you and your daughter are granted residency visas , your OH would be granted a one year open work visa on the back of that application.
You also need to check how he then applies for residency once the year has been completed.
For example,would that then be a pa.

edit....

opsie. I see I have already posted in a similar vein.

To qadd then.
Check the proposal re your OH with NZIS. This may well not be a separate application.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 9th 2012 at 11:05 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

BEVS - I emailed my CO on Friday asking for her to spell it out for me; awaiting her reply. OH is worried that he'll get the 1yr visa and then be expected to pay the £1200 for PR at the end of the year.

Needless to say we'll split our household bills if we get to NZ and open a joint bank account (can't believe how stubourn they're being about that, but am resigned to it now).

The waiting and uncertainty is starting to drive us nuts - fed up of being asked 'have you got your visa yet, when are you putting the house on the market?'
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:35 pm
`

I'm not surprised it's stressing you out. It's bizarre really and makes no logical sense.

On one hand the CO says you haven't the paperwork proof to state you are a long term couple and then on the other hand they say they would wish you to be altogether to facilitate a successful emigration so offer a band-aid solution.

It's a bit mental. They really should either accept what you have to prove the relationship or not. Not everyone has joint utility bills or bank a/cs. In some cultures it would be only the men that hold these strings. What happens then ?

I'm with your OH ref the 1 yr visa to Residency. It should be a conversion but it may well be an application under the partner policy.
All seems screwy to me.