Yippeee! PPR.

Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:58 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Yippeee! PPR.

Originally Posted by msocmac
Just info for anyone else getting their passports back we sent off our by registered post on 17th December and got them back on 4th January - very quick we thought considering it was over the christmas break. There was not counterfoil just the COPR forms. Good luck to all those waiting passport requests I hope the process is as quick for you
Hiya,
Would it be possible to explain what the counterfoil & COPR forms are about? I'm not sure that I understand.
That was a quick return of your PP too!
Thanks,
Katie
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

msocmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
From what I gather from other peoples posts passports used to have a counterfoil signifying PR but if you are from a country that does not require a visa to visit you have COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) forms sent to you that are given to the immigration officer in Canada when you land and they do the necessary with your passport then. When you get the COPR forms it has a leaflet with them telling you what it means and what to do with them.
These forms have your photo and details of your med dates, when you have to land by etc.
Hope that makes sense
Old Jan 21st 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Hi Stacey, what is your time , as I am also FSW1 Construction Electrician
BongoBrad we have similar timeline and same NOC and just received medical requests the other week!!

Any change on ECAS?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
BongoBrad we have similar timeline and same NOC and just received medical requests the other week!!

Any change on ECAS?
I have check today but no Change yet, I have emailed my Lawer to see if they have had any update.
Can I ask did you do the application youself or did you use a Consultant. As I think they may send my medical to our Lawer in Canada and not us in the Uk that may cause a delay due to post.
Can I also ask what qualification did you put down on your Form, as I have an NVQ2 and Btec Cetificate, In electronic and Electrical Engineering.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bongobrad
I have check today but no Change yet, I have emailed my Lawer to see if they have had any update.
Can I ask did you do the application youself or did you use a Consultant. As I think they may send my medical to our Lawer in Canada and not us in the Uk that may cause a delay due to post.
Can I also ask what qualification did you put down on your Form, as I have an NVQ2 and Btec Cetificate, In electronic and Electrical Engineering.
Hi we did the application ourselves! Hubby did 4 yr apprenticeship from school late 80s early 90s and city and guilds exam equivalent to nvq 3, also has city and guilds 2391 inspecting and testing, and has run his own business for 10 years as NICEIC approved electrician.
Sounds like your meds would be sent to lawyer first and as we know Canadian post super slow!!