Wikiposts

Yes Or No to Two LMOs

Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Yes Or No to Two LMOs

Does anyone know for sure that 2 x LMOs are allowed to be sent in by 2 x separate employers for the same province, at around the same time?

I think this question was asked previously but Im not sure if anyone ever replied categorically Yes or No. Please advise. Thank you very much.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:59 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes Or No to Two LMOs

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Does anyone know for sure that 2 x LMOs are allowed to be sent in by 2 x separate employers for the same province, at around the same time?

I think this question was asked previously but Im not sure if anyone ever replied categorically Yes or No. Please advise. Thank you very much.
Many employers are sending in LMO applications all the time in the same province, it cannot be for the same job if it is two employers.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

I guess what Im concerned about is if Service Canada sees 2 LMOs coming in with the same person's name on it, but different companies are they going to just reject the two of them for some reason or another? I know its fine to put in two LMOs if the provinces are different, but if 2 different employers are trying to recruit a foreign worker will this just cause both LMOs to be rejected? Anyone know? Thx for your reply.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:49 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
I guess what Im concerned about is if Service Canada sees 2 LMOs coming in with the same person's name on it, but different companies are they going to just reject the two of them for some reason or another? I know its fine to put in two LMOs if the provinces are different, but if 2 different employers are trying to recruit a foreign worker will this just cause both LMOs to be rejected? Anyone know? Thx for your reply.
The only people that know for sure is HRSDC, other opinions are conjecture.
Call HRSDC and ask.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

It seems odd that two different companies are applying for a LMO for you. I would assume you would "accept" the job offer and then they would get the LMO... Or maybe I have this mixed up.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bewillow
It seems odd that two different companies are applying for a LMO for you. I would assume you would "accept" the job offer and then they would get the LMO... Or maybe I have this mixed up.
Hi, the reason I asked about two different companies submitting an LMO is because my OH was refused once for one of the companies and we are trying to decide if its OK for another company to submit a separate LMO now even though company no. 1 has re-submitted. We are not too hopeful of company no. 1 getting the LMO but very hopeful that company no 2 will. That was the reason for the question. Thanks.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Hi, Last year 3 companies applied, (almost simultaneously), for an LMO for me in the hope that one of them would come through. I called service canada to see if this was ok or would they all be thrown out. They told me LMOs are really based on the company and not the prospective employee. However, they told me that it wouldnt be the right thing to do and I should inform which company's offer I was going to accept. Only one company got a positive LMO after all that!!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

The Canadian Govt. does not charge to do LMOs. So they are probably motivated to not have "wasted" LMOs which never get turned into jobs...
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi, Thanks for all the replies. Still awaiting result of LMO No. 2 and gonna wait and see what happens before asking other company to submit one. Thx to all who replied. Best wishes and here's hoping positive response to LMO no. 2 soon.