Wikiposts

Years of education?

Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:50 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Years of education?

Originally Posted by Adeletrotter
Its going back to a previous employer and its 1998 to 2003! do you think its worth a try?
My OH and I just put our most recent pay slips in...we didn't go back that far Have they asked them in the undate letter?? I'm sure thats a mistake...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

I've just read it again, i quote

4. Work experience documents - submit employment letters, contracts, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employers personnel department covering the period 10 years prior to your application date until today.

its a worry but will approach old employer tomorrow for copies and see what they say.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:13 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

4. Work experience documents - submit employment letters, contracts, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employers personnel department covering the period 10 years prior to your application date until today.

its a worry but will approach old employer tomorrow for copies and see what they say.
Shite....my OH and myself have worked for the same employers for over ten years...that would be why i'd never bothered with that.... Good Luck hun on getting all the docs you need....what a bloody drama
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

i no!!!! thanks. lol
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Question Re: Years of education?

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi Dealer ....7 years in primary and 5 at high school= 12 years education

You should be fine with your points....
Hi FK,

been reading this thread with interest as we had a conversation with our immigration lawyer the other day re re-applying under new rules(post 27/2/08) We applied about 4 days before! He said that he was concerned we might not have enough years education, although when we did the points test we had more than enough, cant remember exactly how many, but more than we needed.

According to him the CIC count the years differently to the way we do in England! Have you ever heard of anyone having a problem with this?

OH has 7 years primary 5 secondary +1 year in 6th form. Since leaving school he has done night classes and gained O level biology, AS Art, a two year business diploma and is in the last year of an MBA.

Are we really going to be short of years?

Any info would be really appreciated,
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:59 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi FK,

been reading this thread with interest as we had a conversation with our immigration lawyer the other day re re-applying under new rules(post 27/2/08) We applied about 4 days before! He said that he was concerned we might not have enough years education, although when we did the points test we had more than enough, cant remember exactly how many, but more than we needed.

According to him the CIC count the years differently to the way we do in England! Have you ever heard of anyone having a problem with this?

OH has 7 years primary 5 secondary +1 year in 6th form. Since leaving school he has done night classes and gained O level biology, AS Art, a two year business diploma and is in the last year of an MBA.

I'm not sure about the night classes but i know someone who will know....be right back
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:25 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi FK,

Hi Tracy.......i've pm'd you...xx
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Hey I am just putting in photocopies of of two pay slips from each year as it just says to cover the period.

You can get copies of P60 from your companies pay roll department.

I am going to open up the years of education thing.. I did:

7 years primary
5 years secondary
2 years college
3 years university

Now my dilema is that Canada sees college as university or tertiary education right? My college was secondary and tertiary. You could do A levels, BTEC Nationals or also HNDs. I did a BTEC instead of staying on at school to do A levels then went to uni. So for me it was secondary level but the place was called Belfast College.

So... do I count those two years under "secondary education" rather than college/university?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Do you think that will be ok? have you heard what anyone else has done or going to do? I think thats a good and reasonable solution, thanks.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Yea I think the key word is "covering" so this way you show that you worked at a particular company during those years. Couple of slips from each year linked with HR letters from a company is pretty conclusive.

Nobody expects 10 years worth of slips - for starters you only should keep such things for a few years then shred them. P60s are a good way of showing the whole year at a go anyhow.