WP and PNP PR medical

Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

glenlivet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WP and PNP PR medical

Hi,

Family have applied for PR through the PNP route as my wife has a job offer and PNP aceptance in BC for a nursing post. But as we were unsure how long the PNP route would take my wife also applied for a WP too so we could get across this summer.

Things moving very fast for us. AOR 21/02/06. Wife's medical request for her WP 1 week later. She's now had her WP medical and today we all received our medical requests for PR.

Would appreciate some help with the following questions.

1). As my wife's just had her medical for her WP does she need another medical. I wouldn't think so but how do we communicate/verify this fact with CIC?

2). Any clues how long after PR medicals are the PR visas being issued for PNP applicants.

3). Should we consider cancelling my wife's WP application as the PNP route appears to be going through much quicker than expected. Hope to be ready to travel out in June. And if we do cancel, is it possible to get a refund of the WP fee.

Cheers
Old Mar 18th 2006, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future
Default Re: WP and PNP PR medical

[QUOTE=glenlivet]

2). Any clues how long after PR medicals are the PR visas being issued for PNP applicants.

QUOTE]

We are applying under the Alberta PNP and our timeline seems almost exactly the same as yours so far. Our AOR is dated 24th February and we received our medical request yesterday. Meds are all booked for this coming Wednesday . One of the other guy's going through the Alberta PNP with the same employer has been a month ahead of us almost to the day with everything. He did his meds on 20th Feb and he received his PPR 16th March. He's booking his flights to go out to Edmonton some time in June. We're really surprised at just how quickly everything is going through and hope ours continues to be as quick.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

49thparallel is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a PNP applicant of Manitoba, like both of you I received my AOR, IA and medical instructions a couple of weeks after submittng my PR application. That however is where the 'speedy processing' ends. I completed my medicals at the end of October and Buffalo recived them in early January, I am still waiting for PPR.

I also read about that guy who got his PPR in 4-6 weeks of applying, assuming it is true I have never heard of it before, remember the Federal Govt are also responsible for completing security checks, this takes time to complete and can vary from one application to another depending on a persons circumstances and the countries they have resided in.

I would also recommend you take a look at this link which is a dedicated thread to all PNP's.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...13&whichpage=1

Brian
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 49thparallel
I am a PNP applicant of Manitoba, like both of you I received my AOR, IA and medical instructions a couple of weeks after submittng my PR application. That however is where the 'speedy processing' ends. I completed my medicals at the end of October and Buffalo recived them in early January, I am still waiting for PPR.

I also read about that guy who got his PPR in 4-6 weeks of applying, assuming it is true I have never heard of it before, remember the Federal Govt are also responsible for completing security checks, this takes time to complete and can vary from one application to another depending on a persons circumstances and the countries they have resided in.

I would also recommend you take a look at this link which is a dedicated thread to all PNP's.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...13&whichpage=1

Brian
Both myself and the guy I referred to above have confirmed employment with the Edmonton Police Service and have undergone RCMP and other comprehensive security and background checks as a part of our application. We are the first two applicants to be put through the PNP process by the EPS and as such perhaps they are fast-tracking us somehow? Either way the timelines mentioned are most definitely true.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

49thparallel is an unknown quantity at this point

The Provincial Govt's as part of the PNP process get to select the applicants they wish to recruit to settle in their provinces, the federal process is independent of background and security checks to determine admissibility to Canada, these are conducted outside the CHC & CIC by CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service).

I have never heard that an applicants area of expertise or position held outside of Canada including law enforcement has negated the need for CSIS checks which don't take days or weeks to complete, months and years in some cases.

My point is that the speed your application is being processed so far is not unusual for the provincial nominee process however do not be surprised if it slows down somewhat from here, just look at the PNP timelines on the site I quoted in my original post. Most PNP applications take anywhere on average of between 6 & 12 months to complete the federal part.

Perhaps there is an agreement between the RCMP, CIC/CHC & CSIS, if that is the case well done and I hope you get your PPR quickly.

Write back and let us know how it goes.

Brian
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Jayzee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 49thparallel
The Provincial Govt's as part of the PNP process get to select the applicants they wish to recruit to settle in their provinces, the federal process is independent of background and security checks to determine admissibility to Canada, these are conducted outside the CHC & CIC by CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service).

I have never heard that an applicants area of expertise or position held outside of Canada including law enforcement has negated the need for CSIS checks which don't take days or weeks to complete, months and years in some cases.

My point is that the speed your application is being processed so far is not unusual for the provincial nominee process however do not be surprised if it slows down somewhat from here, just look at the PNP timelines on the site I quoted in my original post. Most PNP applications take anywhere on average of between 6 & 12 months to complete the federal part.

Perhaps there is an agreement between the RCMP, CIC/CHC & CSIS, if that is the case well done and I hope you get your PPR quickly.

Write back and let us know how it goes.

Brian
Errr...actually we have our Passport request and we only submitted our forms at the end of January. I know that this seems "too quick" but that does not stop it being so!

All Neil was trying to say was that our security checks are done AS A MATTER OF COURSE over here, Interpol and RCMP. It is not because we are Police Officers per se - it is because the job means we have to have this level of security check before it is even offered.

Other than that you would have to ask London why we have been processed so quick.

Anyway, I don't care why, all I know is I am going in about 10 weeks! Yaaaay!!
Old Apr 16th 2006, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: WP and PNP PR medical

Hello all. Guess what....... YES we have received our passport requests less than TWO months after posting our application to CHC London. Wooohhooo!!

We are off to Canada, flights are booked and house bought...bye.......