WP- copy of biopage requested

Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default WP- copy of biopage requested

We have just had an email request for copies (faxed or posted, not emailed) of the biopages of our passports before our WP can be processed further.

Is this normal, is this something we have left out or is this new? Or is this something special to us (EEK)?

Gryphea
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:23 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WP- copy of biopage requested

I think you're supposed to include that with your WP application. We did.

It is, of course, moronic that they won't let you e-mail it, but will let you fax it.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz

It is, of course, moronic that they won't let you e-mail it, but will let you fax it.
Thanks for that. I have NO IDEA how we managed to leave it out then. I thought we double checked, triple checked etc! Still if it means they are on the way!

Gryph
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:47 am

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/worker/e_worker.htm

3. Passport - You will need a passport to travel to Canada, unless you are a US citizen. You may need a visa in addition to the work permit.

If you are exempt from the requirement to hold a temporary resident visa (for example, if you will enter Canada on an ordinary British passport) please do not/not submit your passport - only a copy of the identity page is necessary.
Although the canada.org.uk site could probably do with a bit of a redesign to make things clearer.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:35 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

yup we had to give copies of all our passports ( those identity pages) with our WP application
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Although the canada.org.uk site could probably do with a bit of a redesign to make things clearer.

Don't know how I missed it as it does say it in two places. I am a skimmer though . My fault really. At least we know its normal!

Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second that. I was that busy focusing on what I needed to send that I didn't realise I needed to fill out an application form for Al to have spousal WP
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:01 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the companies I have had to deal with back in the UK will not accept emails either. Faxing is more secure apparently.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Most of the companies I have had to deal with back in the UK will not accept emails either. Faxing is more secure apparently.
CIC/CHC is like most business in that they don't wish to take the chance with worms/viruses contained in email attachments.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

CIC/CHC is like most business in that they don't wish to take the chance with worms/viruses contained in email attachments.
Hmm. I suppose so. But it's breathtakingly easy to take the appropriate steps that this is not an issue. You'd think that the convenience of being able to send attachments would outweigh that.