WP application

Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default WP application

Hi all,my employer emailed me this morning to fill out a WP application.
I have found that the work history space provided is not enough for the 10 year history that they require.What should I do here?

I plan on applying for my WP at POE rather than wait 2+ months for London to process it,why wait any longer than I have to?

Do I need to fill out a common-law declaration form? My partner and I have been together for 12years,but never bothered marrying,we do have a council agreement with joint names,and I am about to make my bank account a joint account.

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP application

Originally Posted by scootb
Hi all,my employer emailed me this morning to fill out a WP application.
I have found that the work history space provided is not enough for the 10 year history that they require.What should I do here?

I plan on applying for my WP at POE rather than wait 2+ months for London to process it,why wait any longer than I have to?

Do I need to fill out a common-law declaration form? My partner and I have been together for 12years,but never bothered marrying,we do have a council agreement with joint names,and I am about to make my bank account a joint account.

Thanks for any help!
Is this an LMO work permit? If a medical is required then you cannot apply at a POE. More details required.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,my employer has a mass LMO that was approved for 25 employees,for 2 year contracts/WP's.

They told me that I will need a police report,but no mention of medical,I am a concrete finisher and as I understand there is NO need for a medical.

My employer has told me that I have the 2 options:
1-The long way via London embassy app(2months+ atm)
2-POE(my favoured option,why waste anymore time in this country?)

I was curious also,if going the POE route,does the WP start immediately,or can I start it a couple of days after I land? (would like to get bank account,accommodation,car,insurance sorted out.

Last edited by scootb; Feb 5th 2013 at 5:10 am.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,my employer has a mass LMO that was approved for 25 employees.

They told me that I will need a police report,but no mention of medical,I am a concrete finisher and as I understand there is NO need for a medical.

My employer has told me that I have the 2 options:
1-The long way via London embassy app(2months+ atm)
2-POE(my favoured option,why waste anymore time in this country?)
Once you get your positive copy of your LMO then you are free to travel to Canada and apply at a POE for the work permit and pay the $150 for it.
Make sure you print off your LMO just in case airport wi-fi is down or your computer fails to work. Do not put the LMO in a checked bag as sometimes they dont arrive at the same time
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Sweet,thats the end of this month set as my GTF date then,and the start of my big adventure.

Is a basic police disclosure enough to satisfy a Canadian employer?
I was looking at disclosure Scotland,and they list 3 types of disclosure,I have ZERO convictions for anything anyway.
And then I spotted a police clearance report too.

The police so far have been about as useful as you would expect(not very!)

Last edited by scootb; Feb 5th 2013 at 7:05 am.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Has anyone any experience at all with police reports?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, lots of people have. For immigration you'd need an ACPO check, but as you're asking about what you'd need for your employer, perhaps you'd be better off asking them what they require?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

as soon as you land your WP will become active, its down to your employer to give you time off to get sorted. I asked for 2 weeks and got it no problem, plenty of time to sort out SI number, bank account etc

Last edited by Stu_g2004; Feb 5th 2013 at 11:47 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks mate.
The HR girl will be collecting me from the airport,and taking me to get bank account,and social security numbers the day I land.
I just fancied a few days to get a car sorted and try get used to the drive to work on the wrong side of the road,it wouldn't look good if I got lost and turned up late on my first day lol.

I will ask them if it will be ok to start a few days after I land,they have been great so far with me,so I can't see it being much of an issue.

I discovered that at some point for PR anyway I will require an ACRO(police clearance report),so I have started the paperwork on that.Apparently a friend who is going to move this year also called the high commission in London and was told that Disclosure scotland is NO use,it MUST be the ACRO report,just thought I would add this for anyone else that is curious!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

just to let you know ACRO reports only take around 10 days to be issued ( in the UK anyway ).
if getting it posted to canada obviously it will take longer.
I think they need to be submitted within 3 month of issue (if wrong someone will correct me), so if your not applying for PR straight away I would wait to get them.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

According to the High Commission FAQ's the ARCO is valid for 6 months!
I've got all the paperwork for it done,just waiting on a neighbour to drop off the signed photo for me then its posted.

I am as well to get it now for my employer,he can file it with my paperwork and if for some reason after living in Canada for 2 years they still want a fresh UK police clearance from a country that I won't have lived in for 2 years then I will just have to apply again closer to that time.

It will give me peace of mind for now,grudged paying the extra £5.63 for a £45 postal order,I really don't understand why in 2013 the UK Police force refuse debit/credit card payments,and won't even email the damn thing!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=scootb;10530672]According to the High Commission FAQ's the ARCO is valid for 6 months!

check this out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Lol,its a case of the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand then!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 5:33 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Lol,its a case of the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand then!
No, it's valid for 6 months but has to be issued no longer than 3 months prior to application.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Lol my employer emailed me late last night,apparently there is NO need for me to fill out a TWP application at POE!
The HR girl has been looking into the LMO/TWP etc.. and received an email from CIC saying that all I need are:

Payment of $150*.
Job offer or contract.
LMO or proof that you do not need one.
Proof that you have the required qualifications and experience.
Valid passport/Travel document**.

I don't plan on working anywhere near Quebec so don't need any extra paperwork there.

The only issue I may have is that in the UK concrete finishing is not a skilled trade,has NO certification,etc.. so I am going to have to rely on my CV,and a couple of letters from previous employers to 'satisfy' the immigration officer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.