wp advise

Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice
Default wp advise

Hi we had some bad news in the form of a brown envelope, today, real black tuesday ! when we come over we got a 6 month Wp which was to be extended after i pass an electricians exam.
which i did in Dec, boss sent off for LMO extension in Jan, new Lmo till 22 feb, after allot of stress as my WP runs out on the 27th feb, the boss said dont worry apply on line and give him a copy of the recept then i can carry on working while i post application and online fee recept off to vergervill ?

which i thought it was all done and dusted, then we decided to go home and put house on the market in early Feb, no offers so far, and cant afford to go home and wait as i need to work here and pay the mortgage, the today told they didnt get application till the 28th Feb and they want another $1000 to reinstate our status and pay for extension of WP.

and i cant work till its processed which will take another 6 weeks or so. not my fault that the LMO dept took there good time. but tuff on me . plus no savings to fall back on.

has anyone else been in this position, of offer any advise, i can honestly say i have never felt under so much stress than i do at the moment, knowing im going to lose everything, just wish the housing market was allot better here as nothing seams to be moving, ive priced to come out with nothing, still no offers
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:18 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wp advise

Yikes, Lee, that's a tough situation. I've got everything crossed for you.
x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:22 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

sorry lee can't offer any advice as not been in that situation but have my fingers crossed and really hope everything works out for you. Housing market is naff but is still moving slowly so hopefully your house will sell soon enough. Im sure you'll get some good help on here as people start to come on through the day. good luck
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:15 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Your the 5th person from Northants i've bumped into on this forum in the last 5 days.......Dont know how to sort your problem out, other than to say 6 weeks is not long in the greater scheme of things and you CAN get through them.

Try Lucas estate agents... the office nearest us got us 5 viewings last week, thats the most any estate agent has got us, we've been on the market since september and were beginning to feel quite stressed about it too, then the mad panic with all the viewings...Have sorted the house now although not through Lucas....but you can't sell a house without viewings....dont know where in Northants you are but a lot of Harborough and surrounding villages havn,t got affordable houses...you could try out that way to market your property.

I hope that things work out favorably for you and soon.

Tasha
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee58uk
Hi we had some bad news in the form of a brown envelope, today, real black tuesday ! when we come over we got a 6 month Wp which was to be extended after i pass an electricians exam.
which i did in Dec, boss sent off for LMO extension in Jan, new Lmo till 22 feb, after allot of stress as my WP runs out on the 27th feb, the boss said dont worry apply on line and give him a copy of the recept then i can carry on working while i post application and online fee recept off to vergervill ?

which i thought it was all done and dusted, then we decided to go home and put house on the market in early Feb, no offers so far, and cant afford to go home and wait as i need to work here and pay the mortgage, the today told they didnt get application till the 28th Feb and they want another $1000 to reinstate our status and pay for extension of WP.

and i cant work till its processed which will take another 6 weeks or so. not my fault that the LMO dept took there good time. but tuff on me . plus no savings to fall back on.

has anyone else been in this position, of offer any advise, i can honestly say i have never felt under so much stress than i do at the moment, knowing im going to lose everything, just wish the housing market was allot better here as nothing seams to be moving, ive priced to come out with nothing, still no offers
If you went home for a few weeks you could actively market the house and maybe do some casual work to keep the money coming in. This time of year is a busy time in the UK for tradesmen so I am sure you would get something.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice

Thanks for the help so far guys. Unfortunately, we can't go home to the UK for a few weeks as we wouldn't be able to re enter, as WP status now temporarily withdrawn as we are now re applying for Restoration Status.

It also means our children can no longer attend school until this is re established. Has anyone else been in this position and could offer some advise?

Thanks .........
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:20 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee58uk
Thanks for the help so far guys. Unfortunately, we can't go home to the UK for a few weeks as we wouldn't be able to re enter, as WP status now temporarily withdrawn as we are now re applying for Restoration Status.

It also means our children can no longer attend school until this is re established. Has anyone else been in this position and could offer some advise?

Thanks .........
Would your employer not sub you until it's all sorted ?