Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Wow, My husband has been approved to sponsor me!

Wow, My husband has been approved to sponsor me!

Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:13 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wow, My husband has been approved to sponsor me!

What a morning - my husband is leaving for six weeks to Canada for work, and just as we were leaving the postman came and gave us 'the letter'. I was shaking so hard I couldn't open it! He's been approved to sponsor me!!! We sent it off recorded delivery on 15th February - so that's 39 days. I will try and edit the little line at the bottom today! Thank you so much for all the supportive and lovely people on here who have been so encouraging!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice
Default Re: Wow, My husband has been approved to sponsor me!

MillieF - that's great news!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really pleased for you! Hopefully the rest of the process doesn't take too long.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
What a morning - my husband is leaving for six weeks to Canada for work, and just as we were leaving the postman came and gave us 'the letter'. I was shaking so hard I couldn't open it! He's been approved to sponsor me!!! We sent it off recorded delivery on 15th February - so that's 39 days. I will try and edit the little line at the bottom today! Thank you so much for all the supportive and lovely people on here who have been so encouraging!
Thats brilliant! I hope the rest goes as smoothly - but just don't you dare get your PPR before me!!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

congrats to you and your hubby, it sounds like it came at a good time

now... fasten your seatbelt for the next ride!!!! fingers crossed for you and everyone else that will be waiting
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

WindSwept is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great news We have similar time lines. Now the waiting game begins! Hopefully London will process the applications quickly
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:24 am
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you all for your nice thoughts! Maybe someone should start a 'book' on who's likely to pass the finish post first! Is the next bit alarming? I've done the medicals and stuff, so no excitement there? We just get to wait and wait I suppose, and possibly wait for an interview? We've been together for the last 17 years and married for 11, and now my husband, cheeky swine, says I only married him to get my Canadian residency!!! I am very excited
though, and our son is most superior, being a Canadian already! Best of luck to all and LOTS of patience.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Bless you all for your nice thoughts! Maybe someone should start a 'book' on who's likely to pass the finish post first! Is the next bit alarming? I've done the medicals and stuff, so no excitement there? We just get to wait and wait I suppose, and possibly wait for an interview? We've been together for the last 17 years and married for 11, and now my husband, cheeky swine, says I only married him to get my Canadian residency!!! I am very excited
though, and our son is most superior, being a Canadian already! Best of luck to all and LOTS of patience.

the next bit is a raffle - i thought my application was fairly straighforward, been together since 2004, married 2005, 2 kids together and one stepdaughter (my daughter). I have lived in 2 houses since 1990, in the same city and had the same employer for 23 years. No problems with medicals - just a few issues the DMP wanted us to clarify, but nothing that would stop us from being accepted. No problems with my police check. So here we are, applied in October and we are still waiting?

When we applied for hubby to come her, we got married in the August, applied mid september when we got our marriage certificate, and hubby arrived here on 1st November - now that was quick - no medical, no police check even! Not saying that it is right, but it does make me wonder why some applications take so long when they have all the medical info, police checks etc already done?

I really don't understand how they work - but they must have some sort of system???? Mustn't they???
Old Mar 27th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE user by choice

Caleo, they may just plunge their hand into a pile and pull the first one out and deal with that one! I checked today and it looks like Paris is 9 months processing for 80% of cases. Thing is of course goodness knows how many applications they may be dealing with! I like the French, but even I must say that with a good wind behind them they could not be described as being jet propelled on occasion! I have discovered since applying that my husband seems to be related to Julie Andrews, every time I try to discuss it, he tells me he's 'sure' we are going to be the first to be dealt with and I fully expect him to burst into a quick chorus of Climb Every Mountain - most infuriating!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caleo, they may just plunge their hand into a pile and pull the first one out and deal with that one! I checked today and it looks like Paris is 9 months processing for 80% of cases. Thing is of course goodness knows how many applications they may be dealing with! I like the French, but even I must say that with a good wind behind them they could not be described as being jet propelled on occasion! I have discovered since applying that my husband seems to be related to Julie Andrews, every time I try to discuss it, he tells me he's 'sure' we are going to be the first to be dealt with and I fully expect him to burst into a quick chorus of Climb Every Mountain - most infuriating!
he sounds very similar to my hubby - must be the canadian blood!