Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Would welcome some knowledgeable advice

Would welcome some knowledgeable advice

Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Livvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would welcome some knowledgeable advice

hello everyone.
I am very new to this site. I am just about to begin the process of applying to immigrate to Ca. - at long last. However I am confused.

I am a radiographer (X ray tech) by profession, but moved on to become a senior health service manager. My web research shows that I could qualify as a skilled professional using my radiology experience under the PNP. What confuses me is how this works. May be I am being thick but the information that I have seen all seem to suggest that I need to obtain an application pack from a PNP cleared employer first - but I have no idea who these PNP employers are. Is there a middle man/organisation/goverment office that I need to apply to? And will they simply contact me if they need my skill in their organisation. Please would someone clear this fog for me?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Livvy; Aug 14th 2007 at 10:47 am. Reason: Missed a sentence out
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:51 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would welcome some knowledgeable advice

hello and welcome - try the wiki threads and look for Batty X Ray both could probably help.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

No, any employer can apply for a potential immigrant employee to get PR and WP through PNP.

What you have to do first is:

1) Make sure that you qualify for PNP
2) find an employer and convince them that they want to go through the hassle of PNP to employ you
3) then together you and employer apply for PNP

Advantage is that if accepted by PNP then things are fast tracked for you, and you get all your WP whilst you are waiting for PR to come through.

There are lots of threads on here if you do a search

Good luck
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Livvy
I am a radiographer (X ray tech) by profession, but moved on to become a senior health service manager. My web research shows that I could qualify as a skilled professional using my radiology experience under the PNP. What confuses me is how this works. May be I am being thick but the information that I have seen all seem to suggest that I need to obtain an application pack from a PNP cleared employer first - but I have no idea who these PNP employers are. Is there a middle man/organisation/goverment office that I need to apply to? And will they simply contact me if they need my skill in their organisation. Please would someone clear this fog for me?
It is entirely possible that you could be accepted to immigrate to Canada and then find it impossible to get accreditation from a provincial/territory regulatory body.

That's why so many overseas qualified doctors, dentists, lawyers etc are driving taxis in Canada.

Last edited by JAJ; Aug 14th 2007 at 3:23 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:19 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
It is entirely possible that you could be accepted to immigrate to Canada and then find it impossible to get accreditation from a provincial/territory regulatory body.

That's why so many overseas qualified doctors, dentists, etc are driving taxis in Canada.
And most of them are rubbish at driving, too.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Livvy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all very much.
Livvy
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Our CAD tech is an Engineer, and can't do CAD!!!