Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Would they waive interview for me?

Wikiposts

Would they waive interview for me?

Old Jun 21st 2002, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

thekingofmemphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would they waive interview for me?

Dear all,

I applied for Canadian permanent residency in the second week of September, 2001. I got AOR at the end of November. They said it would take 30 weeks for assessment.

I am doing PhD in Economics in a US univeristy. My masters' degree is from the Netherlands. I have been working as a research assistant in the US university for three years and I worked as a government official in a developing country for several years.

I am expecting the response of the assessment in one month. Just wondering, if I would get interview waiver which I would like. As it would make the process faster for me !

Of course, I will be evaluated under the old system.

I would appreciate sharing of the experience and expertise.

Thank you in advance.

King
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 3:20 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Would they waive interview for me?

Nobody can tell you if you'll get waiver or not. Interview waivers are granted when
processing officer determines that s/he can make a selection decision based on
information and supporting documents provided with the application, without any need
to verify, clarify or assess anything at the interview. So, the way application
package was prepared, it's content, completeness, etc. are the most important factors
in the interview waiver decision. If there is any information missing, inconsistent
or requiring some explanation or clarification, if there is anything what needs to be
verified or assessed (including your skills, experience and chances for success in
Canada) then you will be called for the interview.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"thekingofmemphi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I applied for Canadian permanent residency in the second week of September, 2001. I
    > got AOR at the end of November. They said it would take 30 weeks for assessment.
    >
    > I am doing PhD in Economics in a US univeristy. My masters' degree is from the
    > Netherlands. I have been working as a research assistant in the US university for
    > three years and I worked as a government official in a developing country for
    > several years.
    >
    > I am expecting the response of the assessment in one month. Just wondering, if I
    > would get interview waiver which I would like. As it would make the process faster
    > for me !
    >
    >
    > Of course, I will be evaluated under the old system.
    >
    > I would appreciate sharing of the experience and expertise.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > King
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com