Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Would immigration to Canada be granted if...

Would immigration to Canada be granted if...

Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

almacca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would immigration to Canada be granted if...

I meet/pass all the criteria, demands etc required or can there still be a refusal.

We are at a very early stage, I have only just written to London for my application forms.

Alex
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: Would immigration to Canada be granted if...

Originally Posted by almacca
I meet/pass all the criteria, demands etc required or can there still be a refusal.

We are at a very early stage, I have only just written to London for my application forms.

Alex
Hi Alex....
Nearly everyone who applies, thinks that they meet and pass all the criteria, however sometimes you may have over estimated your abilities and thats when the immigration officer will stick the refusal stamp on your application...not nice.... My advice is to double ...no quadrouple check your Quals against the assessment, as that appears to be the area of contention at the moment.
Hope this helps
Frankieforehead
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Would immigration to Canada be granted if...

Alex
You could also fail the medical or security check. The points issue become less important the further away from the cut off point you are. I think it is relatively easy to loose 1 or 2 points. Hence if you only score 67 in the first place then beware.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:49 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

There can still be a refusal, there are no gaurantees in this life I'm afraid!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Your've got me worried now pak2, not sure if it was 69 or 67 ponts I had...better go and check.

Originally Posted by pak2
You could also fail the medical or security check. The points issue become less important the further away from the cut off point you are. I think it is relatively easy to loose 1 or 2 points. Hence if you only score 67 in the first place then beware.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Any idea of the average waiting time for an application being assessed?
And from your experience of this site (since I'm new) do most people have success or is it more the other way.

Alex
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Would immigration to Canada be granted if...

Any idea of the average waiting time for an application being assessed?
And from your experience of this site (since I'm new) do most people have success or is it more the other way.

I have not seen less than 12 months from AOR to first CHC contact (Skilled worker, via London). Second point - swings and roundabouts. LAst couple of weeks very dissapointing news from a number of different applicants. All I can say is the wait is likely to be getting longer!

Phil