Which is worse?

Old Mar 15th 2006, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Question Which is worse?

Just thought of taking an informal survey to help pass the time and keep my mind off our pending application...

Which is worse:

Knowing that you've just submitted your application and have anywhere from 6 months (spousal) to 3+ years (skilled worker) to wait

or

Knowing that your application is almost at the very end of it's process, and you're just waiting for that final letter to request the passport
?

We're currently waiting for the second...and it's downright painful! Personally I think the second is worse, but that's just because we've got so much riding on this (as I'm sure everyone else does as well).
Old Mar 15th 2006, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Which is worse?

can i add a 3rd to that one? waiting on HRDSC approval for a job otherwise there si not way we'll get to canada ever and we'll lose out on the dream job - i know its only weeks and i am so thankful becuase i would go insane waiting as long as you all have but we have everything dependant on this approval...
Old Mar 15th 2006, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Just thought of taking an informal survey to help pass the time and keep my mind off our pending application...

Which is worse:

Knowing that you've just submitted your application and have anywhere from 6 months (spousal) to 3+ years (skilled worker) to wait

or

Knowing that your application is almost at the very end of it's process, and you're just waiting for that final letter to request the passport
?

We're currently waiting for the second...and it's downright painful! Personally I think the second is worse, but that's just because we've got so much riding on this (as I'm sure everyone else does as well).
I have to say the second, the wait once we knew we was in, was unbearable and felt longer than the whole process put together. I had on several occasions considered kicking the living **** out of my postman convinced that he was withholding my golden ticket LOL and even got suspicious of the neighbours and superintendant in my building convinced that that also had it LOL
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:44 am
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
. I had on several occasions considered kicking the living **** out of my postman convinced that he was withholding my golden ticket LOL and even got suspicious of the neighbours and superintendant in my building convinced that that also had it LOL
LOL Its terrible what this process does to us all ! i'm twitchy enough at the moment as we're waiting on approval for Mr.W's job, I hate to think what i'm going to be like when the visa app go's in ! :scared:
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Which is worse?

Originally Posted by cov-canuck

Which is worse:

or

?

The second without a doubt,at least with AOR you have a date to look forward to(albeit a very flexible one with the current crop of letters going around),I think at passport stage you are ready to go and every day is just another days delay.I am nearly at the "stalking the postie" stage,I asked a friend who is a postie where the hell my letter was and he assured me it was probaby lost or stolen!!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:20 am
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for a brand new HRDC LMO opinion for a new job while already in Canada.

It took two and a half months in the end and the wait was agonising.

Rejection would have meant an early bath and a trip home. Fortunately I now have a brand spanking new temp employment visa in my sticky mits. Time to put in a PR application methinks!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to add another senario here My hubby sat the TEF so we can hopefully get 2 points for basic French to get us to 67 points. We've been in the system for more than 2 years and the last year has been a tough one. Fingers crossed for all those who wait!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:57 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
I have to say the second, the wait once we knew we was in, was unbearable and felt longer than the whole process put together. I had on several occasions considered kicking the living **** out of my postman convinced that he was withholding my golden ticket LOL and even got suspicious of the neighbours and superintendant in my building convinced that that also had it LOL
Yes I must agree we waited very patiently for the first 13 months, then after the medicals, we waited patiently, then we sold our house and we just waited. Next we moved out and into rented accommodation alas poor postman they knew him well.

So yes the nearer you get to getting your request the longer it takes.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:11 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I'd like to add another senario here My hubby sat the TEF so we can hopefully get 2 points for basic French to get us to 67 points. We've been in the system for more than 2 years and the last year has been a tough one. Fingers crossed for all those who wait!
Jeez you must have the patiance of a saint, Karma for that.
I agree with the majority that the 2nd option is by far the worst wait, even though our whole process was short.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 1:34 pm
Snow Man

pineys is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I cannot compare properly as I am still at the first stage, but I cannot believe that it is worse to be at the second stage - at least you know someone has taken the time and effort to even open your file. At least you have taken Meds, at least they have asked for your passport.

18 months have elapsed since I submitted my application and NOTHING has been done with it, nothing. I was meant to have heard by March 2006. I did. They want another 9 months. Given that many who have received delay letters for March 2006 have still heard nothing, I can confidently expect in December 2006 that yet again there may be further delays - so I have absolutely no idea when they will even open my file for the first time to actually work on it.

I am in Canada on a work permit that expires in April, so I originally hoped that they would be able to keep to the original timeframe (March) and be done before my work permit expired. No such luck.

At least something is moving for you guys and you are nearing the end...I don't even know when I will be nearing the beginning!

We are the stage where we are now seriously reviewing other options. I would not be doing that if I at least had done the Meds or, even better, had a PPR.

Maybe every stage is the worst!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Jeez you must have the patiance of a saint, Karma for that.

Thanks I don't know about us having patience though, we've had our odd moments We'll just be glad to get to the end of this looooong process.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:12 pm
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pineys
I guess I cannot compare properly as I am still at the first stage, but I cannot believe that it is worse to be at the second stage Maybe every stage is the worst!
Yep on reflection I think you are right,the stage your at is the worst.

Good luck to all those that are waiting.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:34 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

The second, no question.

What has really made me despondent is the letter I received from CHC saying that my case would be REVIEWED by the end of March 2006. It doesn't say when I will actually hear from them......what is killing me is that I am getting close to some sort of a decision, after all this time, but I still don't know what is going on!!

I would have preferred NOT to get the letter, quite honestly!!

Last edited by 1066; Mar 15th 2006 at 9:06 pm.