Wikiposts

Worried-history of depression.

Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:42 am
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light
Question Worried-history of depression.

Hi all,

I don't want to go into alot of details but I suffered post-natal depression with both my children. Anyways after my son was born 5 years ago I still suffer the occassional 'panic attack' and anxiety.

I'm still on meds, nothing heavy but none the less medication .

I was under a phyciatrist but purely for 'counselling sessions'.

I am so scared this is going to ruin everything for us, dh has a job waiting for him in Newfoundland.

I'm not loopy , or ever done any harming etc.

Can anyone help put my mind at ease if poss
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:36 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried-history of depression.

While the only way to be sure is to take the medical and await the results (having brought a full report from your attending physician or psychiatrist), the usual rule is that conditions easily controlled by medication are not a problem. You would face some delay while they decide.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D15NEY
Hi all,

I don't want to go into alot of details but I suffered post-natal depression with both my children. Anyways after my son was born 5 years ago I still suffer the occassional 'panic attack' and anxiety.

I'm still on meds, nothing heavy but none the less medication .

I was under a phyciatrist but purely for 'counselling sessions'.

I am so scared this is going to ruin everything for us, dh has a job waiting for him in Newfoundland.

I'm not loopy , or ever done any harming etc.

Can anyone help put my mind at ease if poss

Sounds like your symptoms are stabilised by AD and out- patient counselling.
It should be no problem with immigration.
I have seen more severe cases that got through immigration,that
was my observation as a mental health nurse.
Hope that helps.
Yoong
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Hi D15ney - why don't you arrange an appointment with you current GP and have a chat about the application - and ask how your illness has been presented in your notes.

If there are lots of comments about it being under control etc I would have thought you'd be ok - so ask for a copy. If not, maybe he/she could write something to that effect. Take this with you to the medical and ask that it be included in your file.

Both hubby and I had "issues" of various descriptions - physical and emotional () - we ensured we had a relevant all clear statement from our docs before we went to show to the immigration doc. He said it was good that they could be included and would hopefully save time later.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

Sorry - just realised that I said the same thing as Jim (albeit more long-windedly ). In summary - do what Jim said!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:19 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Post Partum depression is well recognised and treatable, noy a reason to turn you down, but if you have this history, your new GP MUST be informed.

Some terrible incidents have occurred due to this illness, it is not a stigma, it needs to be treated like any other illness.