Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Worried about Work experience - please help

Worried about Work experience - please help

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:48 am
Just Joined

feenix__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Worried about Work experience - please help

Hey guys, I have read in this forum not to copy and paste exact word to word from the NOC description site on my Schedule 3 forms. My lawyer is saying that they do it regularly and it works just fine.

I have performed the duties that are listed word to word from NOC website, but I'm just not sure if i still want to do the exact copy and paste on Sch3.

What have you guys done? Did you copy and paste exact word to word from NOC on your Sch3 forms?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried about Work experience - please help

We copy and pasted, and then re-worded, deleted, added and changed a few parts to fit us each of our jobs better.

From what I interpreted it is most important that you actually do those duties, and also I didn't want to make it look like a copy and paste job, but wanted it to fit as best as it could.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

feenix__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks love to ski. I'm kind of leaning towards that too but my lawyer insists on word to word copy paste from NOC in addition to listing my actual job duties.

Does anybody else have any opinions?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:04 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst thing you can do is to make a fraudulent claim. If you copy/paste description from NOC and then during verification with your employer things shows up differently you are done for good.

Always start with real duties you performed and what you can back up with evidence (reference letters) and what will be confirmed even if visa post calls receptionist or someone who doesn't know what was wtitten in reference letters.

Then look into NOC and find occupation (or occupations as you may claim more than one for the same job) where your real duties match substantial number (more than half) of main duties and all essential duties (if indicated) listed in particular occupation's description. Claim such occupation(s) and you'll sleep knowing that nothing can go wrong, at least with this claim. It is not a rocket science, it is very easy to do it the right way. Unless of course applicant's claim is fake to start with.

You don't want officer to look at your claim with suspicion and scrutinize it more than others, just because s/he will see descriptions copied blindly from NOC.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Aug 22nd 2007 at 7:07 pm.