Wikiposts

World Education Services

Old May 2nd 2013, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Post World Education Services

Hi All,

After my last thread about WES, I thought I'd post an update now the process is complete (thankfully).

I created an application on the 19th, and sent my documents by courier, and yesterday my evaluation came back by courier stating my 3 year 2:2 BSc in computer science is worth a 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree.

The total cost: $514.15 (ouch!) for the same day processing service.

So including travel time for the documentation that was 9 working days. It should have been a day faster because they seemed to misplace the transcripts my university sent, and put processing on hold.

Points to note if you are using them:

1) Keep on top of them. I had to call twice to get upgraded to the same day service (it wasn't an option online when I applied).

2) If you are calling, be prepared to be on hold from anything from 20 minutes to 1 hour 20.

3) Watch your application like a hawk and make sure you track your documents through your courier - My uni transcripts landed a day ahead of my degree certificate, but they claimed they did not have the transcripts. It took me calling them, waiting on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes, and then 25 minutes with the customer service rep going off to check things a few times to resolve the issue. They only admitted they had them after I finally convinced them to go to my courier's web site and enter the tracking number. If I had left that alone thinking all was well, I may still be waiting.

Now to their credit, they seemed to process it over the weekend and they delivered in time for the 4th May, so I'm happy, but it was a painful experience.

I hope for the sake of others using this service that I'm just unfortunate, and the process gets smoother.
Old May 2nd 2013, 8:00 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Education Services

how much??! wow another cash cow for an organisation, sorry I dont know much about this new requirement but assume CIC have stipulated who you are able to go to hence, they can now charge what they like, glad you got what you needed in the end
Old May 2nd 2013, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

The same day processing was $200 plus tax. We were just desperate to have documents in hand before the FSW application window opened.

For some trade qualifications like BTECs or HNCs etc, where there is no direct mapping to a Canadian qualification I could understand it, but Canada has Bachelors degrees too, so I'm assuming they just picked up my documents, saw BSc, and stamp! Assessment complete.

I'm guessing a few minutes work for several hundred dollars. I'm clearly in the wrong business

That said, I know they have to apply the same rule to everyone.
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

barcomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scribe123
Hi All,

After my last thread about WES, I thought I'd post an update now the process is complete (thankfully).

I created an application on the 19th, and sent my documents by courier, and yesterday my evaluation came back by courier stating my 3 year 2:2 BSc in computer science is worth a 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree.

The total cost: $514.15 (ouch!) for the same day processing service.

So including travel time for the documentation that was 9 working days. It should have been a day faster because they seemed to misplace the transcripts my university sent, and put processing on hold.

Points to note if you are using them:

1) Keep on top of them. I had to call twice to get upgraded to the same day service (it wasn't an option online when I applied).

2) If you are calling, be prepared to be on hold from anything from 20 minutes to 1 hour 20.

3) Watch your application like a hawk and make sure you track your documents through your courier - My uni transcripts landed a day ahead of my degree certificate, but they claimed they did not have the transcripts. It took me calling them, waiting on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes, and then 25 minutes with the customer service rep going off to check things a few times to resolve the issue. They only admitted they had them after I finally convinced them to go to my courier's web site and enter the tracking number. If I had left that alone thinking all was well, I may still be waiting.

Now to their credit, they seemed to process it over the weekend and they delivered in time for the 4th May, so I'm happy, but it was a painful experience.

I hope for the sake of others using this service that I'm just unfortunate, and the process gets smoother.
How did you make the payment? I couldn't pay with 2 different credit cards! In the end I chose the option to pay by Bank Wire. I paid on Friday via HSBC and send them a mail on Monday, but they still haven't updated it on their website. I am getting a little worried ... Have tried to call yesterday and today, but the phone is constantly busy. Was able to call them earlier in the week after waiting 1 hour 30 minutes.

I paid for the normal service that takes 7 business days to evaluate, but am thinking to upgrading to the 1 day service. Is it possible to upgrade over the phone?
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barcomi
How did you make the payment? I couldn't pay with 2 different credit cards! In the end I chose the option to pay by Bank Wire. I paid on Friday via HSBC and send them a mail on Monday, but they still haven't updated it on their website. I am getting a little worried ... Have tried to call yesterday and today, but the phone is constantly busy. Was able to call them earlier in the week after waiting 1 hour 30 minutes.

I paid for the normal service that takes 7 business days to evaluate, but am thinking to upgrading to the 1 day service. Is it possible to upgrade over the phone?
Hi,

Yes, I had to get the customer service rep to send their finance department an email about the upgrade. They seemed to have ignored my own email request for this.

I also had problems paying by credit card. My HSBC credit card was refused, so I paid successfully with my Halifax card. I got a call from HSBC who were making sure the request was a (albeit refused) genuine request. I confirmed it was genuine and they said it was rejected because of the address details WES were sending. Something to do with the province for which from memory you couldn't enter anything other than 'Outside of US/Canada'.

Perhaps HSBC checks this address field and Halifax does not.

Just so you know, having the original payment refused messed my application up (forgot to mention that in my post), so like you I had to select 'pay by transfer' (or whatever it is). I could then go in and use an alternative card.

Like I said you just have to keep on top of them. I used up an awful lot of skype credit calling them, but it worked out.

If you still can't pay, I can only suggest trying another credit card, or call and ask how you go about paying another way, but that will obviously slow things down.

Sorry I can't be of more help
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yes, I had to get the customer service rep to send their finance department an email about the upgrade. They seemed to have ignored my own email request for this.

I also had problems paying by credit card. My HSBC credit card was refused, so I paid successfully with my Halifax card. I got a call from HSBC who were making sure the request was a (albeit refused) genuine request. I confirmed it was genuine and they said it was rejected because of the address details WES were sending. Something to do with the province for which from memory you couldn't enter anything other than 'Outside of US/Canada'.

Perhaps HSBC checks this address field and Halifax does not.

Just so you know, having the original payment refused messed my application up (forgot to mention that in my post), so like you I had to select 'pay by transfer' (or whatever it is). I could then go in and use an alternative card.

Like I said you just have to keep on top of them. I used up an awful lot of skype credit calling them, but it worked out.

If you still can't pay, I can only suggest trying another credit card, or call and ask how you go about paying another way, but that will obviously slow things down.

Sorry I can't be of more help
I tried with MBNA and HSBC cards and both were rejected. I will try calling them on Monday/Tuesday. Have just sent them another mail saying I paid last week, and asking why my payment details have not been updated yet. On the positive side, my documents were delivered today. My university is posting the documents on Monday, so hopefelly on Thursday next week everything will be there.

Wonder how long will it take before all 5000 applications are filled up?
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barcomi
I tried with MBNA and HSBC cards and both were rejected. I will try calling them on Monday/Tuesday. Have just sent them another mail saying I paid last week, and asking why my payment details have not been updated yet. On the positive side, my documents were delivered today. My university is posting the documents on Monday, so hopefelly on Thursday next week everything will be there.

Wonder how long will it take before all 5000 applications are filled up?
I would call your credit card company to confirm the payment. They will also be able to give you an authorisation code, which may be useful if you have to debate the fact with WES.
Old May 17th 2013, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

I would call your credit card company to confirm the payment. They will also be able to give you an authorisation code, which may be useful if you have to debate the fact with WES.
Managed to sort this out, just waiting for the report now. WES have received university documents too.

The problem I have got is, I cannot add additional Recipients to the order. I am selecting Lawyer and whatever I put in the search box it always comes back with "No results found". Wanted to add lawyers I am dealing with in Canada.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope you get it sorted soon.

If you do get a result quickly you may be one of the lucky ones as soon after I had mine processed WES stopped offering the same day service and soon after that the stopped the three day service also. I wonder how long they can keep the seven day service up for. Withe the other two organisations quoteing three months, WES will have been receiving almost all of the work.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:51 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Withe the other two organisations quoteing three months, WES will have been receiving almost all of the work.
How wrong you are.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:51 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

hey i want to know the process. first i will have to fill the form pay through credit card and then i will have to send my attested documents through courier. The online filled (printed) form should be send along with the documents or not?
Old May 18th 2013, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luqmans65
hey i want to know the process. first i will have to fill the form pay through credit card and then i will have to send my attested documents through courier. The online filled (printed) form should be send along with the documents or not?
This is how it went for me (well I'll miss out the hassle and keep it to the basic steps) :

1 You apply online and supply credit card details and you get a WES evaluation number.
2 you fill out the top section of the download able form quoting your reference number and send this to the university.
3 university complete the other half of the form and send it to WES along with your transcripts.
4 I send my degree certificate copy to wes
5 WES do their stuff and send you the result.

Not sure what your qualification is, but this was for my BSc. Came out as equivalent to a 4 year Canadian bachelors degree. Also it would be a good idea to call the university in advance so they know what to expect.
Old May 18th 2013, 8:09 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you scribe 123. procedure for my country is slight different but got idea from your experience.
Old May 21st 2013, 6:14 am
Banned

thank you scribe 123. procedure for my country is slight different but got idea from your experience.
i got my documents attested from higher education comission which was the said requirement for pakistan. my documents were kept in a sealed envelope from higher education comission. one thing i just realized i didnt not write anything on the envelope. envelope was sent via DHL. will that make an issue how wes will identiy that these docs are mine i mean they will match the wes application reference by themselves?
Old May 21st 2013, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

i got my documents attested from higher education comission which was the said requirement for pakistan. my documents were kept in a sealed envelope from higher education comission. one thing i just realized i didnt not write anything on the envelope. envelope was sent via DHL. will that make an issue how wes will identiy that these docs are mine i mean they will match the wes application reference by themselves?
I don't know if I put my reference number on the envelope, but I did put it on a note inside. I'm sure they'll link things up.

Last edited by scribe123; May 21st 2013 at 8:00 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.