Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Working visa required in Canada to contact in U.S/Mexico help,

Wikiposts

Working visa required in Canada to contact in U.S/Mexico help,

Old Mar 12th 2021, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice
Default Working visa required in Canada to contract in U.S/Mexico help,

Hi we moved from the U K to Canada over 8 years ago and now have dual Citizenship great! As many of you know working in Alberta has been tricky especially in trades. Hubby has U.K and Inter provincial J.M Electrician certs. Recently hubby has been laid off yet again!!! grrrr.

Anyways, he approached a Neverlands company that supplied manufacturing equipment to his last company, where he had to covert, install and commission off using both tickets. This especially came in handy during COVID travel restrictions. Since, the Neverlands company have offered him a position as a sub contractor to oversee after sales equipment (European) in Canada, U.S and Mexico. Great!! Problem, as the U.K have exited the E.U he can’t be directly employed by them. I then looked at a business visa here in Canada and as part of the NAFTA agreement it allows the 3 countries to trade. But looking deeper into the business visa it states it has to be Canadian equipment being sent into the U.S/Mexico for a Canadian to temporary work I.e up to 30 days. Am I missing something? Has anyone experienced this or in the know what visa you require? Because I’m lost, I’m sure there must be contractors sent to other countries where equipment has come in from European countries? Or is there perhaps another loop hole??? I’ll be interested hearing your thoughts. TIA Angela

Last edited by robert_masters; Mar 12th 2021 at 4:50 pm. Reason: Spelling