Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

working visa proof of funds requirement

working visa proof of funds requirement

Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

nzwasp is on a distinguished road
Default working visa proof of funds requirement

Even thought this has been covered alot I just want to clarify:

Im going for a work permit. I already work at the position and my girlfriend is supporting me - i have some money saved up too. Do i just list all the sources that support me and write a blurb about it. When i send in the visa form do I have to attach a bank statement? or is this something that I present to the immigration officer when doing the round flagpole thing after receiving proof of visa - if you send in the application for the visa do you even need to leave the country?

Also it doesnt say i need to send in proof of funds, resume, diploma - but i guess its good to send all this stuff in with the application at the time I put it in the mail?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: working visa proof of funds requirement

bump
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Give people a chance! You only posted 5 hours ago, remember that a lot of Canada is only just starting their day and has been asleep!!

You don't need proof of funds for a TWP so don't worry about that.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

i posted 5pm yesterday actually. Also the majority of Canada has been away for pretty long - only the few in BC have only been awake a little bit.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nzwasp
i posted 5pm yesterday actually. Also the majority of Canada has been away for pretty long - only the few in BC have only been awake a little bit.
Strange, your post says it was posted today! Granted, I thought it was 12pm but it's still not considered good forum etiquette to 'bump' your own posts.

Do remember that everybody on here gives their time and advice for free and therefore it should be done at their convenience, not yours - if you want quicker answers then maybe consult an immigration lawyer?

Oh, and you're welcome!!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 20th 2009 at 5:10 am.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Yeah well i do thank everyone for their advice

I didnt know you couldnt bump

I dont trust the immigration agents around here they all seem to be dodgy at least the ones ive talked to in Calgary. The last one I talked to in September told me that I would be waiting for an LMO for six months, that he had never heard of the CEC class of permanent residence and that work permits take 9 months.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:36 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

But as the other poster advised we all are here to help others and do not get paid for what we advise others

If you had used the wiki that was kindly wrote and added to many on this forum, then the answers are there for everyone to see
Alot of us that have sat on the forum take a look now and again in immagration, mainly hang out in the leaf etc etc

Many on here told us that we would wait 6mth plus for our lmo, 3 weeks later it was emailed to us, so you never know how long it will take, also will depend on which office it goes to and which officer it is assigned to...........

Hope that helps you on the board/forum