Wikiposts

Working Visa help.

Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:07 am
Just Joined

CarolynandDel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Visa help.

OK. So my husband and I want to go to canada in january.

I'm canadian he is british. is there any visa we can get just for him and then apply for hte marriage visa?!?!?! i cannot wait 9 months!!!!!! please could someone advise?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Visa help.

Hi

Originally Posted by CarolynandDel
OK. So my husband and I want to go to canada in january.

I'm canadian he is british. is there any visa we can get just for him and then apply for hte marriage visa?!?!?! i cannot wait 9 months!!!!!! please could someone advise?
Since you are a Canadian, why don't you start the sponsorship now while residing in the UK? You have to include a statement with your sponsorship and his application that you will return to Canada once a visa is issued and what your plans are as to accommodation and work. You send the whole package off to Mississauga, where after 46 days you will get a yeah or nay, then if it is yeah, it will be sent to London where they are processing spousal applications in an average of 3-8 months. If the visa isn't issued by January, then as long as keep London informed, you can receive the passport request in Canada and send the passport to London for the visa.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Since you are a Canadian, why don't you start the sponsorship now while residing in the UK? You have to include a statement with your sponsorship and his application that you will return to Canada once a visa is issued and what your plans are as to accommodation and work. You send the whole package off to Mississauga, where after 46 days you will get a yeah or nay, then if it is yeah, it will be sent to London where they are processing spousal applications in an average of 3-8 months. If the visa isn't issued by January, then as long as keep London informed, you can receive the passport request in Canada and send the passport to London for the visa.
our passports are with the home office right now as i am getting my indefinite leave in the UK (to work legally etc). So once we get our passports back we can send them to london for family class visa? is that how it works? i don't know what i am doing! i just can't wait a year, that is all i know.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by CarolynandDel
our passports are with the home office right now as i am getting my indefinite leave in the UK (to work legally etc). So once we get our passports back we can send them to london for family class visa? is that how it works? i don't know what i am doing! i just can't wait a year, that is all i know.
No, you don't send the passport until it is requested by London, if they are processing the application. I assume that you haven's submitted the sponsorship and the application to Mississauga as yet.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No, you don't send the passport until it is requested by London, if they are processing the application. I assume that you haven's submitted the sponsorship and the application to Mississauga as yet.

no i will do that the day we get our passport back from the british home office. it is all so frusturating, i just want to go back to family and friends i've been ehre four years and this country (no offence!) is just going down hill. It is so hard for two people that don't live in the same country to be together these days! That is my vent for today. Other couples must have this strain as well....