Working Visa

Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute
Default Working Visa

Hi My family and i have been living in Canada on Temporary residents visas since december 2013 waiting for permanent residency to come through. My husband works full time and i am looking into getting a job also. It states on my visa that i cannot work or go to college etc. Is it possible to change this to permit me to work as soon as possible?

Thank you
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Visa

Hello

I moved your post to the immigration forum as it's visa related.

What does your husband do for a living - is it a skilled occupation and which Province are you in?
When you say you have applied for PR, what stream did you apply under and have you got PER/nomination (if it was Provincial nominee)?

Depending on your answers, you may be able apply for a spousal open work permit on the back of your husbands TWP - if you do qualify, you can either go to the border (if you live relatively close) and apply on re-entry to Canada or else apply online/by mail.

You can read more here (about halfway down the page): Work in Canada temporarily and also here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...asp?q=199&t=17

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 28th 2014 at 10:50 am.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute

He is a stonemason so its skilled workers we are in Saskatchewan 2 hours from the border. We applied under the provincial nomminee program. Have had medicals and paid all our fees still waiting for the next step.
Thank you for your reply its very informative
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostinsask
He is a stonemason so its skilled workers we are in Saskatchewan 2 hours from the border. We applied under the provincial nomminee program. Have had medicals and paid all our fees still waiting for the next step.
Thank you for your reply its very informative
You are very welcome. Once you get Provincial Nomination you should be able to apply for a spousal open work permit anyway, but in the meantime you should be able to get one as his is a skilled job. Going to the border is the quickest - make sure he takes his LMO, contract, work permit, a couple of payslips and you will need to pay $155.

If you are planning on working in healthcare of childcare you will need to have an upfront medical before you go to get the work permit - about 2 weeks before if you go to have one at an E-file Panel Physician.

Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for such a late reply my silly email has only just decided to let me now I had a reply!

I also spoke to immigration at North Portal. They said just to pop down with the documents and i can get my visa changed there and then. Im just going to wait for a firm job offer and then take a little road trip!

Thank you for the advice