Working Visa

Old Mar 8th 2013, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Visa

My boyfriend is currently doing the 2012 IEC but unfortunately he did not get the 2013. My question is: does anyone know of any work visas he can apply for? He doesn't have a PhD or any high form of education. He is currently working in a grocery store making minimum wage.I don't want him to have to go back to the UK, does anyone have any ideas?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:59 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Visa

Without knowing which Province you are in and what qualifications he has, if any, it is hard to determine if there are alternative working visa's he could apply for.

There are low-skill worker classes for some Provincial Nominee Streams, but I don't know whether he would qualify or not. You could read up on the Province you are in and see. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

The other alternative would be if you are living together. If you have been living together for a minimum of 12 months then you could apply to sponsor him as your common-law partner. If you are a few weeks or so short of this time, he could make an application to change to a visitor status and whilst it is in process he will have implied status to stay here as a visitor - he will not be able to work; at present it takes about 114 days to get a decision on a paper application, 50 days by online application. This could help to give you enough time to give you the minimum 12 months.

If you have any further questions just fire away.