Working Visa

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

BULLITT09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Visa

Hi guys, I spoke to a girl at an assessment company and she told me quite bluntly that I could only get a working visa. I have a few questions:

Does that allow me to do any type of job?
Are there any restrictions?
How long does it take to process?

Any help would be appreciated.

I also in contact with this organisation

www.CourtCanadaImmigrationServices.co.uk

They charge about £160 for what they call an initial assessment and consultancy. Not going to pay to be told I can't go.

Like I said any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Visa

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, don't pay *anything* for a visa assessment - any reputable immigration consultant will do it for free! Have a search on the forum for recently recommended consultants.

But with regard to your question re: the working visa, I think you've misunderstood it. You cannot get a Temp Work Permit until you have a written job offer and your employer has got a Labour Market Opinion (to prove they've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job). Once you've got those two things, you then apply for your Temp Work Permit, but it ties you to that one job.

Info is in the Wiki on Temp Work Permits, so best thing to do is have a read of that to understand it more. The only other option is that perhaps you were advised to go for Working Holiday Visa, if you are aged 30 or under? that would give you a year's open work permit.

HTH, good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 22nd 2011 at 3:44 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

christmasoompa, thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, it was a working visa. Just checked the link for working holiday and will check on that.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I've had to delete your previous messages - you can't put emails on here without the other person's permission as they are private correspondence.

Basically though, they seem to be trying to charge you for a service that any other consultant will do for free, so don't bother. Do another couple of free visa assessments (as I said, you can search on here for recent recommendations) with other consultants if you need help figuring out your options. They'll also give free advice, you shouldn't pay anything until you actually sign up as a client (if you do - most people don't need a consultant to help them and do it themselves, but obviously your choice).

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

No problems about the email. There's so many offering visa services, its hard to differentiate. However, wasn't going to pay if one of the outcomes was no.

I have checked the working visa thread and it look as the best option. Glad a came across this site. Thank you
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:53 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BULLITT09
However, wasn't going to pay if one of the outcomes was no.
One of the outcomes could be no, this is why you would have an assessment, to find out if it was yes or no.If you knew the answer was going to be yes, then you would not need an assessment at all.