Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Working in USA, Can I apply from Consulate in India?

Working in USA, Can I apply from Consulate in India?

Old Sep 12th 2002, 2:16 pm
Vincent

Default Working in USA, Can I apply from Consulate in India?

I am working in USA for the last 4 1/2 years but did not seriously consider green
card and did not apply. My H1 ends at the end of next year. I got police clearance
from US last month.

1. Since I do not have time to get permanant residency to Canada before next year,
would it be possible to apply directly in India? Or is it better to apply here and
then transfer the application to India when I move to India next year.

2. Should I get a police clearance from India or is it done by the consulate in
India?

3. Would it be possible to employ the services of any lawyer or consultant for
applying in India? Most seem to be applying in US so I am not sure. Can anyone
suggest anyone who would be willing to accept my case?

Thanks

Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:42 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Working in USA, Can I apply from Consulate in India?

1. A lot depends from your qualifications and how well case can be prepared - there
is still a chance to get visa through Buffalo before the end of next year if
interview waiver can be obtained. As for the place of application - new law allows
you to apply either through New Delhi or through Buffalo.

2. It is better and much faster to obtain police certificate from India yourself or
with help of family there.

3. You may seek assistance of Canadian immigration practitioner regardless where
application will be submitted.

Please contact me directly for free evaluation of your chances and available options.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"vincent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
    > I am working in USA for the last 4 1/2 years but did not seriously consider green
    > card and did not apply. My H1 ends at the end of next year. I got police clearance
    > from US last month.
    > 1. Since I do not have time to get permanant residency to Canada before next year,
    > would it be possible to apply directly in India? Or is it better to apply here
    > and then transfer the application to India when I move to India next year.
    > 2. Should I get a police clearance from India or is it done by the consulate in
    > India?
    > 3. Would it be possible to employ the services of any lawyer or consultant for
    > applying in India? Most seem to be applying in US so I am not sure. Can anyone
    > suggest anyone who would be willing to accept my case?
    > Thanks