Working and part time studying

Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

mumto5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working and part time studying

Sorry another quick question. So my husband has the job offer (will be classed as a B in the noc code) and hopefully we will go through the pnp route any idea how long this may take? We will start the process asap.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumto5
Sorry another quick question. So my husband has the job offer (will be classed as a B in the noc code) and hopefully we will go through the pnp route any idea how long this may take? We will start the process asap.
For the nomination stage approx 2-3 months - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...ocessing-Times

And for the PR app stage approx 19 months - Check application processing times – Immigration and citizenship

So figure about 2 years in total as a very rough guide.

HTH.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

hi again,
My husband now has a full time job offer in bc and it comes under the noc level B.
I am looking at applying through the bc pnp but I'm confused of which way to go about it?
Will it be through the express entry then apply to the bc pnp or do we go directly through the bc pnp paper based route? obviously we want the quickest route possible but I keep reading and its too confusing lol
have booked his ielts test for sept will I need to do this too?
thanks again x
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

hi again,
My husband now has a full time job offer in bc and it comes under the noc level B.
I am looking at applying through the bc pnp but I'm confused of which way to go about it?
Will it be through the express entry then apply to the bc pnp or do we go directly through the bc pnp paper based route? obviously we want the quickest route possible but I keep reading and its too confusing lol
have booked his ielts test for sept will I need to do this too?
thanks again x
If you want the quickest route then you need the EE route - paper based takes 3 to 4 times as long.

You don't need to do the IELTS (neither does your husband if he's going down the paper based route, he only needs it for EE).

HTH.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You do need a language test for BCPNP if the occupation code of the job offer is a NOC B, C or D.

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 3rd 2018 at 9:28 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2018, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You do need a language test for BCPNP if the occupation code of the job offer is a NOC B, C or D.
Oh blooming heck, have they changed that too?! Used to only be C & D. These BC PNP June changes keep catching me out.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

hi thank you for the replies I'm back with yet more questions apologies

I have been looking at EE and on the education bit he has certificates for his job but they are trade certificates so who do we send them to for assessment? His certificate is a cskills awards level 3 diploma in heritage skills (contruction)- facade preservation hes also just recently completed his supervisory certificate again.

His job is 7205 (contractors, supervisorsother construction trades, installers,repairers and servicers) or 6315 (cleaning supervisor) (he is a specialized cleaner supervisor he cleans the brickwork of buildings and repairs the brickwork too) so I am not sure which one he comes under lol

The person in Canada that has offered him the job isnt very good with the paper work and doesnt really understand the system so its taking a while to get the paperwork together. He has offered my husband $20 per hour, again I'm not sure if this enough we are a family of 7 so I know the wage has to be enough for us we will be bringing funds with us also and obviously I will be applying for jobs once we get over.

I've tried checking what our CRS score would be and without the education we aren't scoring enough points

thank you for all your help so far
Lisa

Last edited by mumto5; Aug 13th 2018 at 9:49 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 10:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking at EE and on the education bit he has certificates for his job but they are trade certificates so who do we send them to for assessment? His certificate is a cskills awards level 3 diploma in heritage skills (contruction)- facade preservation hes also just recently completed his supervisory certificate again.

His job is 7205 (contractors, supervisorsother construction trades, installers,repairers and servicers) or 6315 (cleaning supervisor) (he is a specialized cleaner supervisor he cleans the brickwork of buildings and repairs the brickwork too) so I am not sure which one he comes under lol

The person in Canada that has offered him the job isnt very good with the paper work and doesnt really understand the system so its taking a while to get the paperwork together. He has offered my husband $20 per hour, again I'm not sure if this enough we are a family of 7 so I know the wage has to be enough for us we will be bringing funds with us also and obviously I will be applying for jobs once we get over.

I've tried checking what our CRS score would be and without the education we aren't scoring enough points

Lisa
Personally, I think $20 an hour before tax, for a single person it would be tough, for 7 nigh on impossible.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 11:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa
Never apologise for asking questions!! Better to ask than not ask and then have all sorts of problems later

As to the diploma / certificates - they are trade related, so not really something that would be assessed for EE education purposes. You would need to ascertain if his profession is one that is regulated, and if so then apply for his prior experience to be recognised.

FSW Trades has a lower CRS score requirement for Express Entry - so do bear that in mind if he can qualify for that category.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

I know someone who has an income of the equivalent of $17 an hour and struggles to manage as a single person with rent, utilities, transportation, food etc. I suppose it's all relevant to where you are living but I think regardless of where, you would be hard pushed to survive on that as a family of 7 - particularly in any large City. Don't forget there are deductions to come off that - CPP and taxes - possibly union dues and a contributions to a healthcare plan.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 14th 2018 at 12:03 am.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

We are going to live with my in-laws for at least 1-2 years until we have enough money saved so obviously this will help.
I am wanting to get a job as soon as possible but finding it difficult applying from here as I don't have the qualifications. I do have my childcare qualifications but they aren't of any use over there
I have applied for jobs and lots have said I can work and they will pay for my training so there is that.
Hopefully we will sort something
thanks again x
Old Aug 14th 2018, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Would you be prepared and able to move from your in-laws if any of you cannot stand the close quarters??

I don't know where in BC your husband has received the job offer, but I can tell you that it would be impossible for you to survive anywhere in Metro Vancouver on $20/hour for a family of 7 even without having to pay any rent, taxes, etc, remembering that it isn't actually $20 take home, as Siouxie said.

There are all the extras that you have to consider, including school supplies for your children .......... it sometimes costs as much as $50-100 per child to provide the note books, pens, pencils, files, lined and unlined paper, not to mention the laptop or tablet that many schools (especially high schools) are now requiring. That includes even buying as many of the items that you can when the "school supply sales" come on in August.

Children do not wear school uniforms here unless they go to a religious or private school, and I worked out that not wearing school uniform costs far more over the year than wearing a uniform.

As an example, I have just paid over $200 to outfit an 8 year old boy with pants (including 1 pair lined with flannel for very cold days), rain jacket and hoodie for the coming school year. His mother will buy shirts and tops. Thank goodness the winter jacket I bought last year will last another year!

You're going to need a car, plus insurance. Your children are going to need concession bus passes for transit unless you are very lucky and get them into schools close to where you are living.

Note that if a recent court case in Vancouver is any example, children under the age of 12 should not be riding transit alone, they are liable to be reported by some do-gooder to the Social Services, and that can lead you into problems.

As far as your own job is concerned ........... yes there are lots of places and need for early childhood carers/teachers. But they also are not very well-paid, which is why there are lots of openings for them.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 12:23 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Would you be prepared and able to move from your in-laws if any of you cannot stand the close quarters??

I don't know where in BC your husband has received the job offer, but I can tell you that it would be impossible for you to survive anywhere in Metro Vancouver on $20/hour for a family of 7 even without having to pay any rent, taxes, etc, remembering that it isn't actually $20 take home, as Siouxie said.

There are all the extras that you have to consider, including school supplies for your children .......... it sometimes costs as much as $50-100 per child to provide the note books, pens, pencils, files, lined and unlined paper, not to mention the laptop or tablet that many schools (especially high schools) are now requiring. That includes even buying as many of the items that you can when the "school supply sales" come on in August.

Children do not wear school uniforms here unless they go to a religious or private school, and I worked out that not wearing school uniform costs far more over the year than wearing a uniform.

As an example, I have just paid over $200 to outfit an 8 year old boy with pants (including 1 pair lined with flannel for very cold days), rain jacket and hoodie for the coming school year. His mother will buy shirts and tops. Thank goodness the winter jacket I bought last year will last another year!

You're going to need a car, plus insurance. Your children are going to need concession bus passes for transit unless you are very lucky and get them into schools close to where you are living.

Note that if a recent court case in Vancouver is any example, children under the age of 12 should not be riding transit alone, they are liable to be reported by some do-gooder to the Social Services, and that can lead you into problems.

As far as your own job is concerned ........... yes there are lots of places and need for early childhood carers/teachers. But they also are not very well-paid, which is why there are lots of openings for them.

Would just like to add that ECE's are regulated - and require certification.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...ea-certificate
Old Aug 14th 2018, 12:24 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking at EE and on the education bit he has certificates for his job but they are trade certificates so who do we send them to for assessment?
Trade certificates are not assessed.

If he has a trade that is certified he would have to prove the relevant work experience (1½ x the apprenticeship hours) and challenge the provincial trade exam. Some trades are Red Seal endorsed (inter-provincial) some not. These are the certified trades in BC
Trades Programs | ITA BC

Bottom of the page are the BC regulated trades and the regulatory body. Also a few trades that are certified in other provinces, but not BC.
Apprentice & Labour Mobility | ITA BC
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the replies.
As I've said before we are bringing money with us so this will help. I will also be working and as for living with my in-laws their house is big enough for us to have our own space and we have previously lived with them and we get along very well.
again thanks for the replies.
Lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.