Working and part time studying

Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

mumto5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working and part time studying

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes it does, under the Entry Level & Semi-skilled Stream. The list of eligible occupations for that stream are on the website in the program guide, I'm vaguely hopeful your husband's may come under that list, but could be wrong. If so, then if his husband's employer is happy to support a PNP app, then that's a great option. Although do bear in mind that you wouldn't get an open work permit so you wouldn't be able to work until you got PR (or a work permit/LMIA/PNP in your own right). And that PR will take a lot longer as he wouldn't qualify for the EE route.

But at least it would get you over there. Do check the list, I may be remembering wrongly, so don't want to get your hopes up just in case!

Edit: just Googled, yes his job does qualify, hurrah!! Page 27 onwards - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14...ram-Guide.aspx
brilliant!! Thank you so much for your help 😁😁😁
Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If your spouse or common law partner has a PNP nomination and consequent work permit then you are eligible to apply for a work permit regardless of the skill level of your partner's job.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 18th 2018 at 2:28 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
If your spouse or common law partner has a PNP nomination and consequent work permit then you are eligible to apply for a work permit regardless of the skill level of your partner's job.
Mmm, interesting, didn't realise that had changed. Thanks Snowy. The program guide still says work permit for applicant only, how would the spouse apply for a work permit, online via CIC or direct to PNP?
Old Jun 19th 2018, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province are entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-code-t13.html
Old Jun 19th 2018, 1:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province are entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-code-t13.html
That's great for the OP, and everybody else applying under PNP's, I remember when they took the pilot programs away which gave spouses of truck drivers etc SOWP's, it screwed a lot of people over as suddenly their spouse couldn't work.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it. I'm finally feeling more positive that we will actually get there 😁
Old Jul 1st 2018, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes it does, under the Entry Level & Semi-skilled Stream. The list of eligible occupations for that stream are on the website in the program guide, I'm vaguely hopeful your husband's may come under that list, but could be wrong. If so, then if his husband's employer is happy to support a PNP app, then that's a great option. Although do bear in mind that you wouldn't get an open work permit so you wouldn't be able to work until you got PR (or a work permit/LMIA/PNP in your own right). And that PR will take a lot longer as he wouldn't qualify for the EE route.

But at least it would get you over there. Do check the list, I may be remembering wrongly, so don't want to get your hopes up just in case!

Edit: just Googled, yes his job does qualify, hurrah!! Page 27 onwards - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14...ram-Guide.aspx
just had a read and it says you have to of been working for 9 months in canada to be able to apply for the pnp nomination. So would he apply for a temporary permit then apply for the pnp 9 mths later?
Lisa x
Old Jul 1st 2018, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mumto5
just had a read and it says you have to of been working for 9 months in canada to be able to apply for the pnp nomination. So would he apply for a temporary permit then apply for the pnp 9 mths later?
Lisa x
Yes, he needs to have done 9 months on a 'valid work permit' to qualify. So the first step needs to be the employer applying for his LMIA.

But at least he has a route to PR - in most other provinces, he wouldn't!
Old Jul 1st 2018, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

How much is the the lmia cost again I've read it somewhere but can't find it 🤔
Old Jul 1st 2018, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think we can do the pnp because it only applies to specific regions for the C and D Nov codes. We want kelowna and it's not there 😫
Old Jul 1st 2018, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

How much is the the lmia cost again I've read it somewhere but can't find it ������
$1000 - but the employer pays that, not you.

I don't think we can do the pnp because it only applies to specific regions for the C and D Nov codes. We want kelowna and it's not there ������

All Skill Level C & D jobs qualify in the Northeast Development Region (other than live-in caregivers), but only certain jobs qualify in the rest of BC - and as above, your OH's is one of those jobs. Page 26 onwards of the guide sets it out in more detail - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14...ram-Guide.aspx

HTH.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you 😁
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Christmastime it's tamasin-01 don't know if you remember my situation, I'm an eve here in b.c now so you think I should p.m this lady because she seems like the same situation as us a year ago? Just to explain what we done and how we got here to canada.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hello Christmastime it's tamasin-01 don't know if you remember my situation, I'm an eve here in b.c now so you think I should p.m this lady because she seems like the same situation as us a year ago? Just to explain what we done and how we got here to canada.
I do of course remember you. It would actually be far more helpful if you just posted it here - that way others may benefit too.

Thx.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

So after more reading I've found a noc code that makes his job in the b category 😁 don't know why I didn't think of this before 🙄 6315 cleaning supervisor he has done this for years lol 🙄🙄
Best get that application in 😁😁😁

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.