Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Working with kids on TWP/Working holiday visa

Working with kids on TWP/Working holiday visa

Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working with kids on TWP/Working holiday visa

Hello,
My girlfriend and I are on our second one year visa right now that expires in August. We already have another temporary working holiday visa from the new IEC program which we'll activate in September. My question is, does anyone know if my girlfriend can change the condition on the visa that states she can't work with children?
Is it just a medical check she can do before we go to the boarder to be issued the new visa?

Thanks,
Aidan
Old Jun 17th 2011, 9:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working with kids on TWP/Working holiday visa

Hi

Originally Posted by _Aidan_
Hello,
My girlfriend and I are on our second one year visa right now that expires in August. We already have another temporary working holiday visa from the new IEC program which we'll activate in September. My question is, does anyone know if my girlfriend can change the condition on the visa that states she can't work with children?
Is it just a medical check she can do before we go to the boarder to be issued the new visa?

Thanks,
Aidan
She will have to contact CIC and a request a medical form IMM 1017. Then she will have to have a medical at an DMP. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx Results in about 4 weeks, then a new work permit, and since IEC can't be amended at POEs, 57 days.