Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Working Illegally in Canada with spouse's SIN

Wikiposts

Working Illegally in Canada with spouse's SIN

Old Oct 26th 2012, 11:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Illegally in Canada with spouse's SIN

Originally Posted by siouxie
They applied inland... "applying for status (spousal, common law) from within the country."
Yep, see edit above. That means they can't appeal either though if the application is refused.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:56 am
Just Joined

atlascakes is a jewel in the roughatlascakes is a jewel in the roughatlascakes is a jewel in the roughatlascakes is a jewel in the roughatlascakes is a jewel in the rough

Thank you again for all your kind responses.

I have contacted a lawyer referral service who can put us in touch with a lawyer who can give us a 1/2 hour free consultation.

We don't qualify for Legal Aid - I made $28K last year, 1K over the limit for 2-person families. (I'm surprised there isn't some sort of scaled assistance for people close to the limit in a shared pay option - but that is another issue entirely.)

Hopefully we can get some good advice in 1/2 hour. The letter said we have 30 days to respond so we have a little bit of time to wait for a response.

If not, we will call the person who signed the letter and ask to speak to them directly. We'll fall on our proverbial sword and hope for the best.

If you like, I will let you know what happens and at the very least I hope someone else can learn from our stupidity.

Thanks again for all your kindness and advice.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 2:05 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

By all means drop in and let us know how it goes. It's always good to receive feedback on issues such as this. Like you say others may learn from it.

I hope it works out for the better though.

Good luck