working holiday wp

Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working holiday wp

Okay.... I started to read some of your previous threads, got even more bemused & will now quietly tiptoe out of this one ...

S
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soccer203
First part about working holiday is out of curiosity and visitor record is for me because that is my status now as of end of july
You have a visitor record issued by CIC to allow you to remain as a visitor. It is not a visa, a visitor record is valid when you receive it, you do not have to validate it (unlike a work permit).

Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:22 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

Shirtback thanks . I had no idea that work permit needs to be validated after you receive it in mail . Since when it has been like that ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Shirtback thanks . I had no idea that work permit needs to be validated after you receive it in mail . Since when it has been like that ?

Work Permit Steps-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Working Temporarily in Canada

There are 2 work permits that you are able to get without going to the border, bridging open work permit and spousal open work permit when applying for PR inland, but generally you need to validate a work permit at the border/airport.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 5th 2014 at 8:46 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:31 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

Even if lmo or LMIA work permit is issued in mail you still have to go to the border ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Even if lmo or LMIA work permit is issued in mail you still have to go to the border ?
A LMO/LMIA isn't a work permit, it's only a document that allows you to apply for one.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what you are referring to/thanking me for. Maybe Siouxsie's post?

S
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:41 pm
Banned

Haha no it is you for walking out of this thread
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:42 pm
Banned

Lmo or LMIA based work permit ( closed work permit ) is what I meant
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Lmo or LMIA based work permit ( closed work permit ) is what I meant
Ok, then yes, you'd need to get a LMIA based work permit at a POE. As said above, and as per the links Siouxie has given you, you wouldn't actually get a work permit in the mail - you'd get a 'pre-approval letter' that says you can get a TWP when you go to a POE.

Does that give you the answer you need?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:29 pm
Banned

When have those changes been made ? And yes thank you
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:40 pm
Banned

When have those changes been made ? And yes thank you
It's been that way for a long time - what difference does it make when - it is what is necessary to obtain a work permit now.

Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:56 pm
Banned

International Experience Canada applicants
Once you have received your conditional acceptance letter, you must apply online for your work permit.

Find out more about International Experience Canada (IEC).

This is from cic official website. I am confused
Old Aug 6th 2014, 12:42 am
Banned

International Experience Canada applicants
Once you have received your conditional acceptance letter, you must apply online for your work permit.

Find out more about International Experience Canada (IEC).

This is from cic official website. I am confused
Perhaps you should read the CIC International Experience FAQ's and the rest of the information available, such as that you receive a Letter Of Introduction which is used to obtain your work permit at the port of entry. A conditional acceptance letter is the first stage of 3 stages to obtain an IEC work permit.

1) apply and get a conditional acceptance letter
2) apply for an IEC work permit and receive an LOI if approved - which is NOT the work permit, it is a Letter of Introduction showing that you are approved to be issued a work permit. You use your LOI to apply for the physical work permit.
3) apply for the physical work permit at the port of entry using your LOI as proof of approval.

I am not sure if you are genuinely confused or are trolling.

6. My employment is starting soon, but my application for a work permit is currently being processed. May I go to Canada before I receive my Letter of Introduction?

We strongly recommend that you wait until you receive your Letter of Introduction before you book or pay for any travel to Canada, buy comprehensive health care insurance for your stay in Canada or make any commitments to employers, landlords, or roommates.

You may not begin working in Canada until you have been issued a work permit.

If you leave for Canada before receiving your Letter of Introduction, you will not receive a work permit when you arrive. It will be up to the officer at the Canadian port of entry to determine whether you will be admitted as a visitor (tourist). As a visitor, you will not be permitted to work.

If you are in Canada when you receive your Letter of Introduction by email, must exit Canada and re-enter with your Letter of Introduction in order to obtain your work permit. Re-entry may occur through any Canadian port of entry.

Travel and Work in Canada | Frequently Asked Questions From the United Kingdom Students and Youth About Travel and Work in Canada | International Experience Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 6th 2014 at 12:45 am.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 2:30 am
Banned

A visa is a piece of paper or a stamp placed in a passport or travel document that allows certain foreign nationals to travel to Canada. A permit is a document that confirms that the foreign national is authorized to work or study in Canada. One or both may be required, and one cannot be substituted for the other. As a U.K. citizen applying to the IEC initiative, you are applying for a work permit and not a visa or study permit.

I was very confused as someone told me wp is a visa . I now did enough due diligence to be certain how to get a wp with LOI . Thanks everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.