working holiday wp

Old Aug 5th 2014, 4:15 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice
Default working holiday wp

Hi there I was wondering if someone who has letter of introduction working holiday can apply for a work permit from inside canada ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 4:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working holiday wp

Originally Posted by soccer203
Hi there I was wondering if someone who has letter of introduction working holiday can apply for a work permit from inside canada ?
Yes, they just need to 'flagpole'.

HTH.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 4:58 pm
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

But can it be done online or maybe via paper application ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But can it be done online or maybe via paper application ?
No, the visa application can be done online, but then once the Letter of Introduction is obtained, the actual visa has to be got at a POE, same as with any other visa.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:04 pm
Banned

I am talking about work permit for someone e who already is in canada on a visitor record that is valid ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I am talking about work permit for someone e who already is in canada on a visitor record that is valid ?
Yes, I get that. You cannot get a visa without either flagpoling, or entering at POE - it's not possible for any sort of visa!

If you applied online for a work permit, then you'd still have to flagpole, and it's the same with an IEC visa.

HTH clarify it a bit.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:14 pm
Banned

Now I am confused . Even is the person is from visa exempt country they would still need a visa along with work permit ? Doesn't work permit let you live in a country without a visa ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Now I am confused . Even is the person is from visa exempt country they would still need a visa along with work permit ? Doesn't work permit let you live in a country without a visa ?
A work permit is a type of visa!
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:46 pm
Banned

Just called cic and they told me it is possible to do a paper application from inside canada but not online . I am so confused hah
Old Aug 5th 2014, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just called cic and they told me it is possible to do a paper application from inside canada but not online . I am so confused hah
Yay, the good old CIC 'misinformation line'! You can't apply for an IEC using a paper application anymore, it has to be done online. Here you go - Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?

But in any event, you won't get the actual visa without going to a POE, same as any other type of visa i.e. Permanent Residency, TWP, etc.

So, the process is as follows if you're applying for an IEC: you'd apply, get your Letter of Introduction if successful, then go to a POE to actually get the visa. If you don't do the final step to 'activate' your IEC, then the LOI will simply expire, again the same as any other visa (you get a year from the date of medical to activate it for PR, you get a time limit on your LMIA for a TWP, etc).

Does that make sense now?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 6:14 pm
Banned

So that means that cic no longer handles work permits ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So that means that cic no longer handles work permits ?
No, why do you think it means they don't handle work permits?

If you're talking about a 'normal' work permit (rather than an IEC), then again you apply to CIC for your work permit online (or a paper app), and get a letter of approval that you take to the POE to get your actual work permit.

As said above, it's the same for all visas - for example, if you applied for PR, then you'd apply to CIC and then if successful, get a 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence' which you'd take to the POE to activate your PR status. If somebody with a Confirmation of Permanent Residence didn't go to the POE to activate it, then it would expire and PR would have to be reapplied for.

Does that make sense now?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:20 pm
Banned

I have a visitor record issued in july . Do I need to go to the Border too ?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I have a visitor record issued in july . Do I need to go to the Border too ?
For what? (Going to the border)!!

Are you in Canada now? Do you have an IEC visa? A TWP?

Unless I'm really missing something, what exactly is your situation & question??

S :bemused:
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:47 pm
Banned

First part about working holiday is out of curiosity and visitor record is for me because that is my status now as of end of july

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.