Working Holiday

Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:52 am
Just Joined

caramel22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Holiday

Hiya,

My boyfriend and I have just graduated from university and thinking of moving to Canada, possibly on a permanent basis. We were thinking of going out there on a working holiday visa, seeking work, and hopefully gaining sponsorship or a job offer that will enable to us to gain a long term visa. We both qualify on the points scoring online and thinking of moving somewhere around Toronto.

Has anyone done this and if so how did it go? Or is/has anyone in or been in a similar situation?

Any hints or tips??

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working Holiday

Points alone are not enough. You must also meet the definition of skilled worker:

R75(2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if

(a) within the 10 years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment experience, as described in subsection 80(7), or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Go with Bunac scheme and you get a 1 year visa entitling you to work anywhere in Canada. Then try and get an extended job offer if you like it.

Tim
Old Sep 13th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tim010 View Post
Go with Bunac scheme and you get a 1 year visa entitling you to work anywhere in Canada. Then try and get an extended job offer if you like it.

Tim
Bunac will be yr answer n way forwad, no exp in a job, hard to get a Job, so bunac is good to weigh if canada will def def be the place for you place get the chance to changed jobs and get the one u wreally want..
Read also the wiki and also i am sure u will get more advice on what directions to take..

Bunac opens in the 1st or 2 nd week in Dec so check them out... n good luck