Working in Canada

Old May 7th 2018, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Hannah jackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Canada

Hey all,

hope you are well!
My best friend and her family moved out to Canada 10 years ago and I have since visited several times and have fallen in love with Vancouver and would like to live and work there for a while if not prominently but it is one of these things that if you don’t give it a go you’ll never know! However I am 30 years old about to turn 31 in June so the bunac under 30,s IEC programme is not an option I have tried taking to the Canadian immigration team who are helping my friends partner with his visa but unfortunately as I have no qualifications they are unable to help me the best they have suggested is to either try and fine employment myself and my manager may sponsor me or find a Canadian partner ha ha .... I decided on this decision a year ago so it’s not something I’ve taken lightly so I have gone back to college one evening a week and have nearly finnished my AAT accountancy level 2 and am starting level 3 in September and the I would like to do level 4 until I am a fully qualified accountant! Sorry for the long post but my main question is that does anyone know that with these qualifications will this better my chances in being able to work and live in Canada? I am not looking for PR not right away anyway I am looking for at least 2 years making sure it is something that I really want

thanks I’m advance for any information any one can give me

Hannah
Old May 7th 2018, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Canada

You can get an IEC until you turn 31, but I assume you weren't able to get one this year? That's a shame as it would have been your quickest and easiest route to a visa by a long way.

The more qualifications you can get the better, you'll get more points but also be more employable, Canada loves a qualification or two! What is your CRS score, I assume not enough to get PR now? If so, sounds like your only option is a job offer and sponsorship which won't be easy, but get your qualifications, get some experience under your belt and then hopefully you might find an employer prepared to sponsor you.

Best of luck.
Old May 8th 2018, 12:34 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep in mind that for something white collar like accounting, you will usually need a degree on top of any industry certificates if you want to move to Canada as a skilled immigrant. IIRC, trade certifications don't usually get you many points, if any, on the CRS.

If you're really serious about this then a better plan might be to enrol on a degree course part time and continue working as an accountant in the meantime. You can manage a part-time degree in 4 years in the UK if you really apply yourself.

Employer sponsorship is obviously another option. Apparently Canada does want qualified accountants atm.
Old May 8th 2018, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah jackson
Hey all,

hope you are well!
My best friend and her family moved out to Canada 10 years ago and I have since visited several times and have fallen in love with Vancouver and would like to live and work there for a while if not prominently but it is one of these things that if you don’t give it a go you’ll never know! However I am 30 years old about to turn 31 in June so the bunac under 30,s IEC programme is not an option I have tried taking to the Canadian immigration team who are helping my friends partner with his visa but unfortunately as I have no qualifications they are unable to help me the best they have suggested is to either try and fine employment myself and my manager may sponsor me or find a Canadian partner ha ha .... I decided on this decision a year ago so it’s not something I’ve taken lightly so I have gone back to college one evening a week and have nearly finnished my AAT accountancy level 2 and am starting level 3 in September and the I would like to do level 4 until I am a fully qualified accountant! Sorry for the long post but my main question is that does anyone know that with these qualifications will this better my chances in being able to work and live in Canada? I am not looking for PR not right away anyway I am looking for at least 2 years making sure it is something that I really want

Hannah
I'd make yourself a profile ASAP. If you get picked from the IEC Pool before you're 31 you've passed the age eligibility criteria. Although there are only just under a 1000 spots still available, you never know. I think you can still make a profile for this season. If you can do so, I would.

Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...candidate.html

Do you have Irish Citizenship by any chance?
Old May 8th 2018, 7:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What's changed since the last time you asked? http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...g-visa-898374/
Old May 8th 2018, 12:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah jackson
Hey all,

hope you are well!

Hannah
Have you ascertained whether an AAT level 2 or 3 qualification is recognised in Canada or whether you may be better doing an accounting technician diploma course here?

I believe to practice as an Accountant (as opposed to an accounting technician) would require certification as it's a regulated profession.

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/search_occ...abs_container2