Working in Canada

Old Dec 15th 2016, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Abrydon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Canada

Hey everyone,

I applied for permanent residence outside of Canada in July (English citizen) so I can stay with my Canadian fiancée when she moved back. I went with her as a visitor for six months in August and will be renewing for another six months once ended. I was wondering if there is any way I can apply for a work permit while I'm here because I'm so bored waiting around, money is not an issue because I have the funds to support myself and also everything is being provided for me by her and her parents.

Thanks for the help 👍🏻😊
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Canada

Originally Posted by Abrydon
Hey everyone,

I applied for permanent residence outside of Canada in July (English citizen) so I can stay with my Canadian fiancée when she moved back. I went with her as a visitor for six months in August and will be renewing for another six months once ended. I was wondering if there is any way I can apply for a work permit while I'm here because I'm so bored waiting around, money is not an issue because I have the funds to support myself and also everything is being provided for me by her and her parents.

Thanks for the help 👍🏻😊
Hi, more info is needed really. Are you a UK citizen or if not, where are you from, and how old are you? If you're eligible, you can apply for an IEC visa, which is a 2 year open work permit.

If not, then you'll need a 'normal' work permit, and for that you need a job offer and LMIA first.

If you can give a bit more info then hopefully we can help steer you in the right direction of being able to work, although hopefully your PR will be through very soon anyway if you applied in July.