Work Visa for Canada

Old Jan 9th 2017, 2:29 am
Just Joined

knk83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Visa for Canada

Hi,

I work remotely for a US based company from outside of US (not in Canada). I plan to visit Australia for few mons. So can I apply for Canada work visa while I am in Australia on Tourist Visa?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 6:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Visa for Canada

Originally Posted by knk83
Hi,

I work remotely for a US based company from outside of US (not in Canada). I plan to visit Australia for few mons. So can I apply for Canada work visa while I am in Australia on Tourist Visa?

Thanks in advance.
You can apply for a Temporary Work Permit from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a written job offer and a LMIA.

However, you can only use the visa office that serves your nationality or a country that you have been admitted to for a year or more. So if you're only visiting Oz for a few months on a visitor visa, then you'll still need to send your Temp Work Pernit application to the visa office that serves your nationality.

Where are you from?

Edit: I'm confused, you say in previous threads that you are an Australian citizen so why would you be in Oz on a visitor visa? You also say you're already working in Canada, can you clarify?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 9th 2017 at 6:50 am.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:57 am
Just Joined

knk83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for the reply. The earlier one was for a friend of mine. But this one is related to my profile. Apologies for the confusion. I am from India. So guess, from that means that I would still need to apply from India and me being in Australia doesn't make a difference and cannot apply from the Australian visa office, correct?
Old Jan 9th 2017, 9:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knk83
Hi, thanks for the reply. The earlier one was for a friend of mine. But this one is related to my profile. Apologies for the confusion. I am from India. So guess, from that means that I would still need to apply from India and me being in Australia doesn't make a difference and cannot apply from the Australian visa office, correct?
Yep, exactly that, once you've got the job offer and LMIA you'll have to apply via New Delhi as that is the visa office for India.

As an aside, please don't post queries on behalf of other people, as you can see it can cause a lot of confusion! It can also mean the advice you are given will be wrong, as people may look at previous posts and see other information that isn't relevant to you. So in the future please ask your friend to sign up to BE and post his own questions, thx.