work visa

Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work visa

hi

ive looked on the wiki and done a thread search but cant seem to fin my answer, also googled.

Does anyone know when a spouse can apply for a work visa in New Brunswick? Husband is truck driver if that makes a difference.

thanks
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work visa

Originally Posted by wiganfem
hi

ive looked on the wiki and done a thread search but cant seem to fin my answer, also googled.

Does anyone know when a spouse can apply for a work visa in New Brunswick? Husband is truck driver if that makes a difference.

thanks
If not entitled to a SOWP and Im pretty sure truck drivers in NB dont have the SOWP in this regard then they would need to get a positive LMO before a TWP is issued. Truck Driver is skill level C on the NOC matrix so not SOWP eligible.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If not entitled to a SOWP and Im pretty sure truck drivers in NB dont have the SOWP in this regard then they would need to get a positive LMO before a TWP is issued. Truck Driver is skill level C on the NOC matrix so not SOWP eligible.
Hi i think i may have worded badly. What is SOWP? is that skilled work permit?
My husband already had his twp until 2014 for truck driver, and i know he has to be in the job 12 months for us to apply for PR, but not sure and cant find when i can apply for a work permit, is it after him being in his job for 12 months, or when we get PR?

thanks
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My husband already had his twp until 2014 for truck driver, and i know he has to be in the job 12 months for us to apply for PR, but not sure and cant find when i can apply for a work permit, is it after him being in his job for 12 months, or when we get PR?

thanks
SOWP is Spousal Open Work Permit, which is what spouses of those on TWP's can get, but unfortunately SOWP's are only for spouses of those in 'skilled' jobs, which a truck driver isn't.

So your only option for working is either waiting until you get PR, or getting a LMO/TWP in your own right.

HTH.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
SOWP = Spousal Open Work Permit. This a work permit issued to spouses based on their partners work permit being classified as a skilled worker in NOC categories 0 A & B. As your OHs is level C then you dont qualify for the SOWP.
Until you get PR then you would need an LMO.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
SOWP is Spousal Open Work Permit, which is what spouses of those on TWP's can get, but unfortunately SOWP's are only for spouses of those in 'skilled' jobs, which a truck driver isn't.

So your only option for working is either waiting until you get PR, or getting a LMO/TWP in your own right.

HTH.
Hi

Thanks for your help, i thought thas was the case. I was a ivil Servant in the UK so can't see there being much chance of an LMO/TWP for myself
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for your help, i thought thas was the case. I was a ivil Servant in the UK so can't see there being much chance of an LMO/TWP for myself
The only other thing to check is whether you'd be eligible to get an open work permit at first stage approval of your PNP application. Your husband will, but I'm not sure if you would as a spouse in NB, but it's something to check.

Failing that, you'll have to remain a lady of leisure for another couple of years!

Best of luck.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

The only other thing to check is whether you'd be eligible to get an open work permit at first stage approval of your PNP application. Your husband will, but I'm not sure if you would as a spouse in NB, but it's something to check.

Failing that, you'll have to remain a lady of leisure for another couple of years!

Best of luck.
thank you, lady of leisure is not all its cracked up to be lol
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

thank you, lady of leisure is not all its cracked up to be lol
No, I can imagine. You can always try to find a job offer and LMO though.

You're not by any chance young enough for a Working Holiday Visa i.e. aged 30 or under?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

No, I can imagine. You can always try to find a job offer and LMO though.

You're not by any chance young enough for a Working Holiday Visa i.e. aged 30 or under?
in the head not body lol, Jobs with LMO are not easy to find here, its an old fashioned town, which i like, but dont help job wise. Ive tried searching but cant find where to start really. Although mad as it seems ive heard of Subway and Tim Hortons getting LMOs, which seems crazy as im sure there are plenty c
Canadians to fill the posts.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

in the head not body lol, Jobs with LMO are not easy to find here, its an old fashioned town, which i like, but dont help job wise. Ive tried searching but cant find where to start really. Although mad as it seems ive heard of Subway and Tim Hortons getting LMOs, which seems crazy as im sure there are plenty c
Not In Alberta though it doesnt help you being in NB. Even Canadian Tire in Alberta got LMOs for foreign workers.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah well. You can always try, and in the meantime hope that PNP processing times come back down again.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Ah well. You can always try, and in the meantime hope that PNP processing times come back down again.
not even looked into timescales here, cant apply until April. Perhaps should have stayed in Alberta will lookinto volunteering to kill the boredom
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:47 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Best of luck.
Hi, just want to ask a question, my wife has had LOA from MPNP, could she apply for a letter from MPNP for an open work permit before she has a job offer, she is NOC skill level A. Seeing as the PR time scales for PNP for UK applicants from London VO are increasing, this would be a quick way into Canada and means that you would just need to wait for your PR and then flag pole to activate the visa's.

If this is not possible then we are just going to go as a visitor for 6 months and stay with family until our PR is granted, then flag pole. Any thoughts on my plans would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi, just want to ask a question, my wife has had LOA from MPNP, could she apply for a letter from MPNP for an open work permit before she has a job offer, she is NOC skill level A. Seeing as the PR time scales for PNP for UK applicants from London VO are increasing, this would be a quick way into Canada and means that you would just need to wait for your PR and then flag pole to activate the visa's.

If this is not possible then we are just going to go as a visitor for 6 months and stay with family until our PR is granted, then flag pole. Any thoughts on my plans would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew
The following events may happen to nominated applicants depending on the circumstances:

4. Nominated person may seek temporary work permit.

If you have obtained a job offer from a Manitoba employer after you were nominated by MPNP, the MPNP may issue a support letter for a work permit application. This will allow you to apply for a temporary work permit at the applicable visa office. Note: The employer must be registered with Manitoba’s Employment Standards Branch before you ask the MPNP for a supporting letter.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...te/processing/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.