In Work so need a little help

Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Gazruss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In Work so need a little help

In the office now with limited internet access....
I am a perm res, who in 6 days will swear at the queen and become a citizen. Wife is a natural Canadian, i have 2 daughters. 1 who will become a citizen the same day as me, the other is 19 and was sure she NEVER wanted to leave the UK.....So we never put her down on the application to emigrate. She has just returned to the UK after her bi annual visit to inform me she now wants to come over for good. She is just about to finish a 4 year hairdressing apprenticeship....... Looking quickly at the CIC website i see i can sponsor a brother/sister/uncle/aunt even parent, but it says i can't sponsor a independent daughter......am i reading it wrong.......Any help would be really appreciated
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:02 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future
Default Re: In Work so need a little help

Technically, she is an independent child if she is living on her own and making a living for herself... but if you think about it... if something happens to her, let's say... she is not able to work and can't not support herself, you as a parent will probably support her financially...

I am not sure... but you could problably say that she is still a dependent child... she probably fits the criteria.. read below

Dependent children

A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner
is a full-time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22, or
since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22) or
is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.

The only thing is that according to this rules from the CIC website... she needs to be a full-time student ... so I don't know how this may affect you... perhaps someone else can give you more advise on that...

I hope this helps... good luck...
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

This definition is the one used for people including children on you application for immigration.

You should include all children on your application - even those who do not intend to move out with you.

I suggest you take professional advice on this one as it could be very complicated for you and your family.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Gazruss is an unknown quantity at this point

i know she was included in all the paperwork, just not coming to live with us....have to dig out the info when i get home....
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I thought that you meant that you had never included her.

My understanding is that you can't sponsor a son or daughter but one of the experts on here could advise you better.

One piece of advice I can give you is to make it clear in the title what your question is about. People on here may only click on a thread if they think they can contribute so you may get more appropriate people reading your question if they can see at a glance what it is about.

I hope that you get the help you need and that your family can be re-united.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:53 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Sorry, I thought that you meant that you had never included her.

My understanding is that you can't sponsor a son or daughter but one of the experts on here could advise you better.

One piece of advice I can give you is to make it clear in the title what your question is about. People on here may only click on a thread if they think they can contribute so you may get more appropriate people reading your question if they can see at a glance what it is about.

I hope that you get the help you need and that your family can be re-united.
If you daughter was not examined, ie had a medical, she is no longer a member of the family class and cannot be sponsored. if she had a medical and is still single, not in a c/law relationship, you can sponsor her.

PMM