WORK PERMITS

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question WORK PERMITS

Hi
I have received my LMO today and am just completeing my paperwork for my Work Permit but I am confused which Document Checklist to use, is it the one from CIC website form IMM 5488 (01-2008) E or do I use the one from the Canadian High Commission in London called Application for a Work Permit -Checklist. They are not the same because CIC ask for a different style & size of photo and they also ask for proof of funds when CHC do not. Can anyone help me please who has recently received a Work Visa from London.

Thanks
Tim
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:59 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WORK PERMITS

You don't need proof of funds as you'll have a job. Don't worry too much about the specifications of the photo, a regular passport photo will be fine. They only get picky when the photo is for a PR card.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Bazzz
Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:18 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leicesterboy
Hi
I have received my LMO today and am just completeing my paperwork for my Work Permit but I am confused which Document Checklist to use, is it the one from CIC website form IMM 5488 (01-2008) E or do I use the one from the Canadian High Commission in London called Application for a Work Permit -Checklist. They are not the same because CIC ask for a different style & size of photo and they also ask for proof of funds when CHC do not. Can anyone help me please who has recently received a Work Visa from London.

Thanks
Tim
I used the former checklist (Can High Comm) it was more detailed & I hoped it would ensure I didn't miss anything - I've had my medical now so I guess they didn't need anything else!