Work permit - why the delay

Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work permit - why the delay

I am starting to get really concerned about my WP application.

The application was submitted to London at the end of January. I have a job offer for a nursing post and the LMO is valid until the end of August.

In early March I had a request for more money for study permits for my children (which according to the school board they do not actually need but I chose not to argue and paid anyway). This probably delayed the process by about 2 weeks.

I got my meds request in May and had my medical on 22nd May.

My consultant faxed the CHC a couple of weeks ago asking for an update and got the reply that they were waiting on meds and police check. She pointed out that they had received them already by recorded mail. The CHC got back in touch to say that yes they were in receipt of the medicals and police clearances and that the work permit would be processed & issued shortly

That was a week and a half ago now and I still haven't heard anything. Can anyone offer any advice as to why there should be such a delay. Is this a sign that there is something wrong. I have no reason to believe that there should be a problem but I can't help worrying over the length of time it is all taking.

I would really appreciate any advice or reassurance from the experts out there or from anyone else who has experienced such a long process.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:26 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit - why the delay

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia

The application was submitted to London at the end of January. I have a job offer for a nursing post and the LMO is valid until the end of August.

In early March I had a request for more money for study permits for my children (which according to the school board they do not actually need but I chose not to argue and paid anyway). This probably delayed the process by about 2 weeks.

My consultant faxed the CHC a couple of weeks ago asking for an update and got the reply that they were waiting on meds and police check. She pointed out that they had received them already by recorded mail. The CHC got back in touch to say that yes they were in receipt of the medicals and police clearances and that the work permit would be processed & issued shortly

That was a week and a half ago now and I still haven't heard anything. Can anyone offer any advice as to why there should be such a delay. Is this a sign that there is something wrong. I have no reason to believe that there should be a problem but I can't help worrying over the length of time it is all taking.

I would really appreciate any advice or reassurance from the experts out there or from anyone else who has experienced such a long process.
Hi hun, sorry, can't offer any advice but just wanted to say that I have my fingers crossed for you, I'm sure you will hear something soon.

You'll be living in that gorgeous house soon (we drove down past there while on our flying visit during April) and breathing out a sigh of relief that you finally made it after all your hard work.

Karen
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:36 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Hiya

not sure what taken so long to be honest. I have a friend that 'landed' on Vancouver island 2 weeks ago. The whole process took 3 months - from job offer to landing. Her application went in March

Is there anyway to phone them???
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

According to the website London only accept queries by fax or email. My consultant has already done that but still no WP.

Just to add insult to injury, the flight we were planning on taking is now full and the nearest date is £50 each dearer and rising.

I don't know whether to bite the bullet and just book or keep waiting until the paperwork arrives just to be sure.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:55 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

According to the website London only accept queries by fax or email. My consultant has already done that but still no WP.

Just to add insult to injury, the flight we were planning on taking is now full and the nearest date is £50 each dearer and rising.

I don't know whether to bite the bullet and just book or keep waiting until the paperwork arrives just to be sure.
can you fax them yourself - a nice letter explaining your circumstances. i know you have an immigration consultant person - but sometimes its better to hear from the person themselves, Im sure you can explain better than the agency person

Id try that if it were me
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am just worried that if I contact them as well as the consultant it will be seen as a bit of inquiry overload and they will get the hump over it. The last thing I want to do is wind them up and make it take even longer.

My consultant tells me that she doesn't advice contacting more than once in 7 days as this tends to annoy them (don't know if this is true). She emailed them again today so I will wait and see.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I am really hoping that one of the experts comes on and says "don't worry, loads are taking this long, it will come". I am just bracing myself in case they say "sounds like you have a problem". I can't for the life of me think what the problem will be though.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:50 pm
is Happy

I am just worried that if I contact them as well as the consultant it will be seen as a bit of inquiry overload and they will get the hump over it. The last thing I want to do is wind them up and make it take even longer.

My consultant tells me that she doesn't advice contacting more than once in 7 days as this tends to annoy them (don't know if this is true). She emailed them again today so I will wait and see.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I am really hoping that one of the experts comes on and says "don't worry, loads are taking this long, it will come". I am just bracing myself in case they say "sounds like you have a problem". I can't for the life of me think what the problem will be though.
It;s probably something silly like - when you got the request regarding study permits for your kids - they probably put a 28 day reply on it, ie/ put it in a drawer, filebox for 28 days despite receiving you reply early, then when the 28 days expires they pick it up again.

Not saying thats exactly what happened but prob something like that - annoying as hell but so typical!!!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the reassurance. I have everything crossed.