Work permit vs LMIA

Old Jan 27th 2021, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

ArekDeBoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit vs LMIA

Theoretical question.
is it possible to apply for a work permit with one LMIA , start the process and in a meantime change the LMIA and new employer?
Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2021, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit vs LMIA

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
Theoretical question.
is it possible to apply for a work permit with one LMIA , start the process and in a meantime change the LMIA and new employer?
Thanks
I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you're you're asking about whether the LMIA can be changed to a new employer, then no, it can't.

If you're asking about applying for a work permit and then whilst that's being processed applying for another LMIA, then yes you can. You've asked about having two LMIA's in process before, have another look at the answers to your previous thread - LMIA

If I've misunderstood your question and you're asking something different, let us know and somebody will try and help.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 27th 2021 at 8:30 am.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

What I wanted to known is : during the work permit process with one LMIA. When received the 2nd LMIA in a meantime if I can include that in the process - change LMIAs. Or do I have to cancel the first work permit application and start another one with the 2nd LMIA details?
And I apologise if my questions are not exactly clear.
Thanks once again.

Last edited by ArekDeBoss; Jan 27th 2021 at 9:19 am.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 9:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
What I wanted to known is : during the work permit process with one LMIA. When received the 2nd LMIA in a meantime if I can include that in the process - change LMIAs. Or do I have to cancel the first work permit application and start another one with the 2nd LMIA details?
And I apologise if my questions are not exactly clear.
Thanks once again.
Ah, I see. You'd have to start a new application for a new work permit.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, I see. You'd have to start a new application for a new work permit.
Thank you.