work permit visa from london

Old Dec 5th 2018, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Rebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default work permit visa from london

We submitted our applications late July and have not heard anything back from the London office. We submitted it online and have made inquries where we have been told that it is being processed and is with the London office. The online status says they let us know when they start checking our eligibility at the top which is worrying me extremely. Anyone been through a similar situation. We are both british and have got job offers to join the faculty in University of Alberta in January. I am worried our work permit doesnt come through in time. I would appreciate it if anyone could give us any advice and if they have had a similar experience.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 10:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit visa from london

That is an unusually long time. Was it a standard work permit? Do you have a LMIA?

Any particular reason you applied online rather than getting it at the airport?
Old Dec 5th 2018, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Rebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRebecca1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we have LMIA. Not really I actually didn’t know airport is an option at all. Could we still do that?
they keep telling us the London processing time is 16 weeks and our is like 17 weeks. We sent another email couple of days ago but haven’t heard anything back yet.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 12:29 am
Just Joined

willmissthebeeronly is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a very similar case,email [email protected], put your uci in and clearly indicate in the subject you are outside quoted timescales. Should get some attention.
Also if you havent already on the canada.ca website where you check the processing times theres a link to report if your over too.

hope that helps
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Lben89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I’m in a similar situation..

i applied in September and I’m now almost at 18 weeks and processing time has been reduced from 17 to 14.

did you get your approval?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

we withdrew our online application as they couldn’t process it by 26th Dec and applied at the port of entry instead. It only took us 20 mins to sort it at the airport.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Lben89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow. I didn’t realise that was an option?!

Did you just fly to Canada and they approved?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lben89 View Post
Oh wow. I didn’t realise that was an option?!

It can be, it isn't for all though - see the Wiki for info on eligibility and how to do it.

HTH.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Yeah. I was told that I would need to withdraw my application at least 24hr before. We arrived at the airport and applied there. Just check that you are eligible for applying at the port of entry.