Work Permit ( Visa )

Old Jul 12th 2004, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

newlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit ( Visa ) + Immigration Visa

I already have an Immigration Visa , I am planning to move to Canada in November 2004 end.
My company wants me to go to Saskatoon for deploying an technical solution for there office there for 1 week , So they are in the proccess of applying for my work permit ( Visa ) to be able to go to Saskatoon for the job.
1. Will this application for work permit ( Visa ) by my company create a problem with my immigration visa ? I have not disclosed to them my plans to immigrate ( can't disclose to them now ).
2. Can I have both Visa ( immigration + Work permit ) at the same time ?
3. Can I fly on work permit finish my job , return and later in Nov do my final Landing ?

Pls advise , any help will be appreciated.

Thks.

Last edited by newlife; Jul 12th 2004 at 1:15 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 1:17 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit ( Visa )

Hi Newlife

Originally posted by newlife
I already have an Immigration Visa , I am planning to move to Canada in November 2004 end.
My company wants me to go to Saskatoon for deploying an technical solution for there office there for 1 week , So they are in the proccess of applying for my work permit ( Visa ) to be able to go to Saskatoon for the job.
1. Will this application for work permit ( Visa ) by my company create a problem with my immigration visa ? I have not disclosed to them my plans to immigrate ( can't disclose to them now ).
3. Can I fly on work permit finish my job , return and later in Nov do my final Landing ?

Pls advise , any help will be appreciated.

Thks.
It won't create a problem with your PR visa, but it may come out during the application that you have been issued a PR visa.
Yes, but CIC will probably question why you need a work permit when you have a PR visa.
Yes,

PMM
Old Jul 12th 2004, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Thks PMM ,
I am to go for an work assigment , for one week , before I do my final Landing.
So actually these two are way apart . I am required to go to Canada next month by my company, but I intend to do the landing in Dec. 2004. Next month is too close for me to do my landing as I have planned it end of this year.
So as per what you say , my company will come to know my visa status ?.

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Newlife
It won't create a problem with your PR visa, but it may come out during the application that you have been issued a PR visa.
Yes, but CIC will probably question why you need a work permit when you have a PR visa.
Yes,

PMM

Last edited by newlife; Jul 12th 2004 at 1:38 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by newlife
Thks PMM ,
I am to go for an work assigment , for one week , before I do my final Landing.
So actually these two are way apart . I am required to go to Canada next month by my company, but I intend to do the landing in Dec. 2004. Next month is too close for me to do my landing as I have planned it end of this year.
So as per what you say , my company will come to know my visa status ?.
like pmm said it will probably come out because cic will say this man already has pr why doesnt he apply for his sin then he can work in canada

as for that it would probably be better to apply for your sin maybe but ive heard once you have landed you have 3 months to exchange your driving licence and get a canadian one

have you though about asking the company if you could work for them in canad or from canada just an idea

m266
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Permit ( Visa ) + Immigration Visa

This will be a bit tricky because this means that you already have a client ID for your PR and they will issue another one for your WP. I think the PR will be superimposed.

Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Work Permit ( Visa ) + Immigration Visa

Superimposed without my knowledge ? Is this an assumption ?
What will be superimposed ? the PR or the Work Permit ?

In that case I what would I do ? so as not to overright the PR ??.
Help !!

Citizen and PR do not require an Work Permit , I have not landed yet , ( I have not done my landing as yet ) .

Originally posted by Redwings
This will be a bit tricky because this means that you already have a client ID for your PR and they will issue another one for your WP. I think the PR will be superimposed.

Last edited by newlife; Jul 18th 2004 at 8:32 am.