Work Permit and then Landing PR

Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:55 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work Permit and then Landing PR

If I were to get a HRDC approved work permit, then got PR status for myself, wife and daughter, they then 'landed' but returned to sort out house and shipping etc, could they do that ?

Also, after landing is there a time limit to ship over your possessions ? I remember reading somewhere that there was a limit after you present your list of goods to follow, but if we didnt present a list and shipped later would that then be classed as importing goods ?

Confused .... I am.

Just wondering what the various options are for shipping your belongings over delayed after landing ?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit and then Landing PR

Originally Posted by Tangram
If I were to get a HRDC approved work permit, then got PR status for myself, wife and daughter, they then 'landed' but returned to sort out house and shipping etc, could they do that ?
Can't help on your question regarding goods, but as far as you are concerned, once you've 'landed' you can usually travel in and out of Canada freely (subject to negotiating the PR Card/Travel Document/visa free passport issues).

Jeremy
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:14 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Can't help on your question regarding goods, but as far as you are concerned, once you've 'landed' you can usually travel in and out of Canada freely (subject to negotiating the PR Card/Travel Document/visa free passport issues).

Jeremy
Thanks for the reply JAJ, anyone else help with my query ? Wish me luck I have a telephone interview tonight at 6pm ( 1pm EST ) :scared:

Last edited by Tangram; Oct 13th 2005 at 8:42 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Can anyone advise on the goods situation....when you have to ship, time limits etc ?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:00 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone advise on the goods situation....when you have to ship, time limits etc ?
Can't help specifically Paul but i'm sure i read a thread once where the time allowed was yrs rather than mths, I'm sure the figure mentioned was 3 yrs but you better get more reliable stats before you commit to anything.
HTH a little, try searching the forum.
Andy
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:02 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Smile Re: Work Permit and then Landing PR

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Can't help specifically Paul but i'm sure i read a thread once where the time allowed was yrs rather than mths, I'm sure the figure mentioned was 3 yrs but you better get more reliable stats before you commit to anything.
HTH a little, try searching the forum.
Andy
I would but the work system I am using just times out, hence the question, but thanks for trying. It might be a mute point anyway, depends on how well the interview goes.

Paul.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:08 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I would but the work system I am using just times out, hence the question, but thanks for trying. It might be a mute point anyway, depends on how well the interview goes.

Paul.
Did a quick search for you, here's a thread that might help a bit more.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=goods+follow

Good luck with the interview
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Did a quick search for you, here's a thread that might help a bit more.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=goods+follow

Good luck with the interview
Thanks AS, if I were working on permit and then got PR, how would I, and my wife and child 'land' , if I were already in the country ? Also, when they landed, would they then hand in the goods list to customs and say it won't be coming over for x months ?

Paul.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:48 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Thanks AS, if I were working on permit and then got PR, how would I, and my wife and child 'land' , if I were already in the country ? Also, when they landed, would they then hand in the goods list to customs and say it won't be coming over for x months ?

Paul.
You would have to "leave" the country, you could just drive to the nearest border (check they have immigration facilities) go into "no mans land" and come back through Canadian customs/immigration. You don't have to actually go into the US (again, check as not all entry points allow this or are equipped for it) I am doing this next week so i'll let you know how it went. You can also leave by any other method, i.e. fly out and return.
When you hand in your goods to follow list i don't think you have to specify a time when they will arrive but if you know for sure then it would be a wise move to include it.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:55 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

You would have to "leave" the country, you could just drive to the nearest border (check they have immigration facilities) go into "no mans land" and come back through Canadian customs/immigration. You don't have to actually go into the US (again, check as not all entry points allow this or are equipped for it) I am doing this next week so i'll let you know how it went. You can also leave by any other method, i.e. fly out and return.
When you hand in your goods to follow list i don't think you have to specify a time when they will arrive but if you know for sure then it would be a wise move to include it.
LOL, thanks Andy, send me a message and let me know how you got on. Sounds very Pythonesque/Yes Minister operation.

I will have to start paying you commission for your advise !!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:11 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

LOL, thanks Andy, send me a message and let me know how you got on. Sounds very Pythonesque/Yes Minister operation.

I will have to start paying you commission for your advise !!
Your'e welcome Paul, Where are you headed for?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:18 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Your'e welcome Paul, Where are you headed for?
Wherever someone offers a job. My relatives are in NB. The job interview ( phone ) is based in London Ontario. I am very relaxed about it, which is the best way of being in interview I have found, as I don't think the money will be enough to support the family without my wife working. Howvere, we wouldnt have much if any of a mortgage over there so that would make a difference compared to over here.

Paul.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Wherever someone offers a job. My relatives are in NB. The job interview ( phone ) is based in London Ontario.
Hi Paul...hope the telephone interview goes well. I've had many of those over the last year....2 of them really paid off, and I ended up getting my wife and I flown over for a final "face to face" interview process. The job was officially offered on day 4 or our 5 day trip. Just waiting on the HRSDC confirmation now.

Good luck, and just enjoy the call...they wouldn't be ringing if you weren't in with a good chance.

Cheers
Rob
Old Oct 14th 2005, 10:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by rabrol
Hi Paul...hope the telephone interview goes well. I've had many of those over the last year....2 of them really paid off, and I ended up getting my wife and I flown over for a final "face to face" interview process. The job was officially offered on day 4 or our 5 day trip. Just waiting on the HRSDC confirmation now.

Good luck, and just enjoy the call...they wouldn't be ringing if you weren't in with a good chance.

Cheers
Rob
Thanks Rob, interview went well and second one lined up with them for a week or so time. They seem very interested but not sure if they can wait for work permit to come through or if the money will be enough.

Paul