Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Work permit renewal - include Canadian spouse?

Work permit renewal - include Canadian spouse?

Old May 11th 2005, 9:00 am
Just Joined

retropc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit renewal - include Canadian spouse?

(Also posted to thetravelforum.com)

I'm completing a work permit extension (current WP expires at the end of June), and have been advised not to include my Canadian spouse in section B of the form. I have been told by an immigration lawyer that this section is only for details of non-Canadian nationals (although that is mentioned nowhere in the instructions or on the form) and to include her will only cause confusion.

I have indicated in section A that I have a Canadian spouse, so am a little concerned that not including her details here will lead to questions and delay the extension. Can anyone confirm that the advice I have received is correct?

Thanks.
Old May 11th 2005, 2:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit renewal - include Canadian spouse?

Originally Posted by retropc
(Also posted to thetravelforum.com)

I'm completing a work permit extension (current WP expires at the end of June), and have been advised not to include my Canadian spouse in section B of the form. I have been told by an immigration lawyer that this section is only for details of non-Canadian nationals (although that is mentioned nowhere in the instructions or on the form) and to include her will only cause confusion.

I have indicated in section A that I have a Canadian spouse, so am a little concerned that not including her details here will lead to questions and delay the extension. Can anyone confirm that the advice I have received is correct?

Thanks.
Can't help on the specific question, but out of interest why are you on a work permit and not a spousal visa? Or have you a spouse visa application in process?

Jeremy
Old May 12th 2005, 1:13 am
Just Joined

retropc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work permit renewal - include Canadian spouse?

Originally Posted by JAJ
Can't help on the specific question, but out of interest why are you on a work permit and not a spousal visa? Or have you a spouse visa application in process?

Jeremy
The PR application is in the queue in Vegreville - unfortunately my WP expires first.