Work Permit Refused.

Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: Work Permit Refused.

Originally Posted by purple80
Yes, but that does mean that you need to apply for new one, even if you have a positive LMO that has not expired.

Does the new ruling mean that any one applying for an extension/change to a WP needs to apply for a new LMO, under the new rules for LMO's.
I don't know!! I suppose it depends on the length of time remaining on current valid LMO and whether they're willing to accept it for the new application.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by purple80
Another year, March 2010..... Our PR application has just gone in!
Good luck with PR ... you should be flying now!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Are the advertising rules for renewing an LMO exactly the same as requirements for a brand new LMO?

I can't believe we're in the position of having to do this again.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:51 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lloydies
I don't know!! I suppose it depends on the length of time remaining on current valid LMO and whether they're willing to accept it for the new application.
Flippin heck I hope we get through PR before next March then......
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
Are the advertising rules for renewing an LMO exactly the same as requirements for a brand new LMO?

I can't believe we're in the position of having to do this again.
I think so. It's an LMO whether renewal or new. The employer has to prove they can't find a Canadian/PR before applying for LMO and offering you the job again for another period of time.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lucieg
It doesn't say wait 3 months anywhere...what it says is the advertising for the position must have taken place in the 3 months prior to the application being submitted.

I.e. they couldn't have advertised the position 6 months ago for a couple of weeks and then try and submit an application now. The advertising has to have been done recently.
Yes, but if the job's just been advertised for 14 days, then surely that would mean they can't apply for the LMO until 3 months has passed. It says to advertise for 14 days during the 3 months prior to applying for the LMO.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

I think so. It's an LMO whether renewal or new. The employer has to prove they can't find a Canadian/PR before applying for LMO and offering you the job again for another period of time.
Thanks, that's what I feared.. We had such a lot of difficulty coaxing the company's lawyer to get off his arse and submit anything before the very last possible second for our LMO last year. Should be even more fun this time around..

So someone said that as soon as the LMO application has been submitted we can submit our TWP renewal requests? I'm torn between that and simply planning on making a border trip, because we absolutely do not want to slip into implied status again. Plus our PR might be through before then.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Yes, but if the job's just been advertised for 14 days, then surely that would mean they can't apply for the LMO until 3 months has passed. It says to advertise for 14 days during the 3 months prior to applying for the LMO.
I read that as the 14 day advertising period must have taken place within the 3 months prior to the LMO application, not that you have to wait 3 months after advertising.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:05 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I have just spoken with Service Canada here in NS and they have informed me that Dave's employer needs to advertise on the Job Bank AND with the Union for 14 days and as soon as that has passed we can apply for a new LMO...as long as no pesky Canadians come along to grab the job....
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

I guess it's down to interpretation then...not sure if anyone has applied for an LMO recently who could confirm.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Would be good to know! It applies to a lot of people out there, and the difference between waiting to apply for the LMO and not waiting is big. I read it as the 3 months includes the 14 day advertising period.

So AmyDavid ... don't you have to wait before applying? Did you ask?

I wonder if each province is different even though the information/instructions are from HRSDC.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:13 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Would be good to know! It applies to a lot of people out there, and the difference between waiting to apply for the LMO and not waiting is big. I read it as the 3 months includes the 14 day advertising period.

So AmyDavid ... don't you have to wait before applying? Did you ask?

I wonder if each province is different even though the information/instructions are from HRSDC.
I did ask and you do NOT have to wait - as soon as the 14 days has passed - you can apply.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I did ask and you do NOT have to wait - as soon as the 14 days has passed - you can apply.
That's great news for you. Waiting is sooooo stressful.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:20 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I have just spoken with Service Canada here in NS and they have informed me that Dave's employer needs to advertise on the Job Bank AND with the Union for 14 days and as soon as that has passed we can apply for a new LMO...as long as no pesky Canadians come along to grab the job....
Glad you have got the info you need, will keep my fingers crossed....

It probably shouldn't be different, but I thinkit will be down to how the officer's in each province interpret the new rules....
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for clearing that up Amy.

The advertising seems a bit silly really. Just another hoop to jump through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.